Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay

Article about: The good thing about this seller,is he is totally up front about his, Work. There some really dodgy sellers out there,and fortuntely he's not one of them............( Aha...there's another f

Default Re: A very interesting M2 D-Bale on ebay

The good thing about this seller,is he is totally up front about his,
    Work.

There some really dodgy sellers out there,and fortuntely he's not one of them............( Aha...there's another fiver's worth of commision...at this rate....I will be able to afford the real thing)

NCA
    ?

Its becoming clear to me that you have to know your stuff regarding M1's..(and all militaria really)Like what has been said, the seller has been upfront unlike a lot of the us helmets for sale on an auction website being sold as 'genuine us helmet' or 'real 101st unit marked as owned by a real paratrooper found in Bastogne with a big bag full of documents,honest guv' helmets...

Its a minefield out there...

Quote by NCA View Post
    Its becoming clear to me that you have to know your stuff regarding M1's..(and all militaria really)Like what has been said, the seller has been upfront unlike a lot of the us helmets for sale on an auction website being sold as 'genuine us helmet' or 'real 101st unit marked as owned by a real paratrooper found in Bastogne with a big bag full of documents,honest guv' helmets...

Its a minefield out there...
    I totally agree with you,when it comes to M2's ,I don't even bother looking into it, their either Mega bucks, and potentially repro,or the real thing,but who would know from a website, at least with a bog standard M1,as long as it's front seam you can gaurantee 100%,it's the real deal,I've got to the satage now where if it has'nt got a front seam,I don't bother to,even consider buying it........Too mant European M1 clones,masqerading as US
    M1's .....and I should know ,I've been stung to many times

Still this is the fun of collecting,all this stuff

NCA
    ?

I had to buy two euro clones before i got the real thing..ive learnt alot in a short space of time, two things that come to mind:You will NEVER get a m1 for £6.50 ( )and if you see a lid at auction have a look under the camo cover..you might find a Belgian flag!

I now own a proper 'nam era para helmet so the clever/dumb balance has been restored.

?

To be honest this level of distressing is over the top as far as I can see, I don't like it and think that it detracts from his work. I've seen other aged helmets that this guy has done and they look really good, however this is not to my liking. Plus he uses strong acid based chemicals to give the high level of rusting to the surface, due to the type of steel I would not have thought this is a very good idea, as manganese steel is prone to stress cracking and metal fatigue anyway, without the use of acid creating further surface tension.

Nige H
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

he doesn't use any kind of acid on these the condition they're in are as found including any original paint he only adds the decals/bails & ages them to match the rest of the look.

Quote by NickD View Post
    he doesn't use any kind of acid on these the condition they're in are as found including any original paint he only adds the decals/bails & ages them to match the rest of the look.
    Totally agree with you on this one Nick, this seller is no Easy green

does he sell on ebay? i have many m1's and since they are so expensive i wanted a battle look D bale repro. i have been looking and will be getting one. i was going to go to toppots.net but this guy interests me. is he really expensive.

- - Updated - -

does he sell on ebay? i have many m1's and since they are so expensive i wanted a battle look D bale repro. i have been looking and will be getting one. i was going to go to toppots.net but this guy interests me. is he really expensive.

?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast