Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?

Article about: I picked this helmet up today for the cool factor. The helmet has a light sand finish and so does the liner. The heat stamp is hard to make out but it is a ww2 issue helmet. The liner is sta

Default Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?

I picked this helmet up today for the cool factor. The helmet has a light sand finish and so does the liner. The heat stamp is hard to make out but it is a ww2 issue helmet. The liner is stamped us 71 and the late war nape strap.
    Thoughts on the camo? Good or bad,what era, and how to remove the crayon for the camo?
    The tan color looks to be applied over the green.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?   Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?  

Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?   Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?   Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?  

On closer examination it is not crayon it is paint. I do not know if that's a good thing or bad thing, there is wear to some of the paint.

CBH
    ?

The South Vietnamese Army soldiers used to paint helmets in camouflage patterns, might be a place to start looking for similar examples.

The helmet possibly being an ARVN did enter my mind.

That's a rather interesting camo effect. It appears to have been stenciled, that is the base green areas were blocked out (perhaps with a sticker) before the whole helmet was spray painted sand colour. Rather more elaborate than the average teenager might do. As for the colour enhancements (someone's sister did that!) try using a little solvent to see if it can be removed. It's not lipstick is it?

Anderson,
    I thought the same thing about the bright colors, I thought crayon when first saw the helmet. Under magnification it is paint with consistent wear to that paint. I believe as odd as it is it may be original.
    Marty

I post the helmet on another forum and at first it got postive feedback and now one member did not like it due to the not liking the paint, no further reason was given.
    Then one said the top looked Like a rust wash was applied.
    Does the helmet look like a humped up fake? I do not believe it is but I have been wrong before.
    As said before the top color was applied over the green that already was a worn and used helmet.
    Marty

Vietnam era camo m1 helmet?  

More

I probably duplicated pictures.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast