Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet

Article about: hiya guys this little gem came up on eBay at a very reasonable buy it now offer it was sold as a Vietnam era generals helmet with star & cover. as you can see the liner is dated 27 sept

?

Wink vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet

hiya guys

this little gem came up on eBay at a very reasonable buy it now offer it was sold as a Vietnam era generals helmet with star & cover. as you can see the liner is dated 27 sept 67 & is an airborne helmet which was never mentioned in his description all still in pretty good condition with the only blemish that seems to be some paint has been spilt on it ?????

it also comes with a duck hunter pattern camo cover which is unusual ?????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet   vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet  

vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet   vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet  

vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet   vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet  

vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet  

Smile Re: vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet

Hi Nick,

Nice one mate, i would very much like this one on my shelves.

I like it a lot.........

You've a very enviable collection...... good stuff

Cheers
    gaz

?

Default Re: vietnam era generals airborne M-1 helmet

cheers mate

its a good collection but still along way off getting it any were near the way i would like it but its a good start

Nick i really think it's a great helmet i love those m1 they have something that please the eyes and my wallet too .
    Nice collection by the way !

Frenchy

looks like something a US advisor might wear? maybe he was working with the South Vietnamese and wore this pattern to blend in with them, it was common for US advisors to wear the camo of their host unit

the ROK / South Korean Marines also wore this pattern or something very similiar

?

cool thanks for that info mate Ive been trying to find out more but so far nothing someone has suggested it may be a put together fantasy piece ?????

ronl
    ?

I think it's probably a put together piece as the only thing that suggests it its a general's helmet is the star on the liner, and that to me is very suspect. It is certainly not a US cover. The duck hunter pattern was used early in the war by some Marine units, but there are no airborne Marine units, so that's what doesnt fit. If the liner is without a star on it I would be 99% sure it was a put together helmet, but you can never be absolutely sure. In this hobby there almost always seems to be at least one exceptiion to the rule, so I won't say never. It is a Korean War AB steel pot, which is a rather difficult piece to find. Im going into the archives as I recall one pic with an odd looking cover, but I'd say it's a put together piece.

?

your not the only one to suggest that & if it turns out that way then im still happy as it makes a great display piece

the liner has no star on it but im not sure if they would have bothered doing things like that since they removed the gromit hole from liners & i doubt very much the liner would have ever been worn separately but that's just my opinion

it don't look very functional as a generals battlefield helmet with the brigadier generals star being at one point shinning on the front like that, maybe something more subdubed. the star looks funny to me, i don't know though could be original.

?

it wouldn't have been that shiny being brass & would have dulled pretty quickly ive also seen silver rank badges used on field helmets so its not that unusual ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast