Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vietnam Era helmet?

Article about: yet if you look at the link in my post #14 you'll see a few original graffiti covers with the peace sign used.

Default Vietnam Era helmet?

Hey guys,

So im looking at this vietnam era helmet, and it looks pretty nice. Before I make an offer, Id like some opinions, since im pretty new at collecting. The one thing that seems odd to me is the fact that half the camo cover looks alot more worn than the other half. THe seller wants $125, I know this is too much. What would a fair price be? Thanks in advance!
    Quinn

Vietnam Era helmet?Vietnam Era helmet?Vietnam Era helmet?Vietnam Era helmet?

Default Re: Vietnam Era helmet?

Where did I see this helmet like 2 days ago?

lol, i had posted it in another thread "show your vietnam graffiti" just as an example of the art put on the helmets

Can anyone comment on the originality of this helmet? I dont want to make an offer until I am sure its genuine.

Quote by matthewsq View Post
    Can anyone comment on the originality of this helmet? I dont want to make an offer until I am sure its genuine.
    Not very easy to do so based on these photos, they dont show any liner interior, nor the helmet it self.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

The non-matching halves don't both me that much. I would just be concerned about the authenticity of the graffiti. I don't know how one would authenticate the ink. I would imagine that a lot of these helmets are made up because of how they are portrayed in Hollywood. If I were a soldier in Vietnam, I wouldn't want anything on my helmet but camo. I would take this and any Vietnam War "graffiti" helmet with a grain of salt...

It may be good im not too sure but it looks somewhat good I would need to hold it to be sure if its authentic or not. But thats just me. - Nick K

Thanks for the many replies guys. I think the peace symbol and ankh cross look different than the rest of the writing. Im going to ask for some more photos of the liner and such, but I think that it does look old (just my opinion but i dont know much...) and the poem is kind of random, I googled it and came up with nothing, so I dont think it would be faked, because the person would need to think of a poem!!! Also, the other dialog says "This is a man. He has had a hard time upon earth. you shall not kill him!" I just cant think of an explanation for the two different sides of the cover. Thanks again guys!

Heres the liner

Vietnam Era helmet?

?

Airborne liner with infantry helmet?
    The darker graffity is new to the camo cover. Definitely post war. No in the field rain and son aging. Some of the writing looks good.
    Someone screwed up a good mitchel cover.
    Anybody caught with a piece sign on their helmet would have been in deep $hit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast