Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam era M-1 ?

Article about: Hi Nick, yes it would have been used at an Officers training school. Cheers, Ade.

?

Question Vietnam era M-1 ?

hiya guys

this was another one ive waiting to turn up its another ebay pick for £30.

the cover is dated 73 & im sure is not original to the helmet the liner has one decal if anyone can tell me anything about this it would be much appreciated also the shell has some faded writing on it but can quite work out what it says ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ?  Vietnam era M-1 ? 

?

Default Re: Vietnam era M-1 ?

Well SC might be South Carolina and it looks suspiciously like the the baseball logo of that state. Might be a clue? Could it be from a National Guard outfit or one of the military schools South Carolina is famous for?

?

thanks for that noelh it dose look very much like that

Hi Nick, it is Officer Candidate School. See how it looks like "OCS"?

Cheers, Ade.

I see Stroh's Beer written on the pot. I had that beer when I was stationed in North Caroina, so it is probably from South Carolina. As Noel said, it might be from a National Guard outfit, but it is probably a personal add-on. I can't make out the other writing. The SC definitely looks like a sports or college decal.

You missed my post

I stand corrected by Ade. I just looked and found the same logo for many National Guard Officer Candidate Schools in different color variations depending on the state. Sharp fellow, this Ade. We need to make sure the KGB doesn't kidnap him.

This design of insignia was first used in 1941.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, it is Officer Candidate School. See how it looks like "OCS"?

Cheers, Ade.
    cheers Ade that did come up on another forum as the answer so this would have been a training helmet or other ????

?

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I see Stroh's Beer written on the pot. I had that beer when I was stationed in North Caroina, so it is probably from South Carolina. As Noel said, it might be from a National Guard outfit, but it is probably a personal add-on. I can't make out the other writing. The SC definitely looks like a sports or college decal.
    i did work out the beer bit but wasn't sure about the first part he must of really liked that beer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast