Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity

Article about: Hello, I purchased two VN era M1s recently. I would like to know whether the parts are correct/authentic for a VN era helmet. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Here is the first on

Default Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity

Hello,
    I purchased two VN era M1s recently. I would like to know whether the parts are correct/authentic for a VN era helmet.
    Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
    Here is the first one which I believe is a 1968 paratrooper helmet (again, I am not sure and would like opinions).

- - Updated - -

The second one I believe is a 1967 helmet. That one starts from the 15th photo on down.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity   Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity  

Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity   Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity  

Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity   Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity  

Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Vietnam era m1 - need help on authenticity

Both very authentic the first is 69 dated I think the second shell might be late vietnam but still war time both original good all around helmets

?

I agree, both look good to me, one of them is a paratrooper liner.

Nitram

Hi,the helmets and liners look fine for the vietnam period.The only thing i would say is that it seems a bit odd that the para helmet has had the "snap fixer's" cut off from the steel helmet chinstrap.These would have connected to the liner by the receiving point of fixing in betwwen the the liners inner chinstrap.It suggets to me that the chinstrap has either been replaced or that the liner and shell were not originally together!That said you can easily get hold of a complete strap with the fixers on ebay or the like. P.S. when fixing the complete strap make sure you do it with the liner in place,adjust the lenth of strap material so that the fixers connect tightly in postion as if the helmet were being worn and then(and only then)close the metal clips firmly.

?

Shouldn't the snap fixers be facing inwards too? It looks like a normal chinstrap set that has been shortened and cut down.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Great condition nam lids. very well done indeed,regards dave.