Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER A great looking helmet Jake ,bang on as a good Vietnam era lid. I will just add these images of my one and only US M1 that may have been used in that period. It is a Capac

There's one particular US seller who sells quite a few lids on a regular basis sands every brim on every Helmet...............

That is stupid - No need to do this just to see the
    code/numbers - Wrecks the lid, IMO..........

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    That is stupid - No need to do this just to see the
    code/numbers - Wrecks the lid, IMO..........
    I totally agree Steve,weird how its in a place that can't be seen and yet we know its there and it bugs the hell out of us......

a collector can get a general idea of the date just by looking at the helmets other details like the paint texture the color, rim material,the type of straps, etc

I agree, it detracts from the originality of the shell if it's been sanded or paint removed just to see the numbers

Still, it is a very nice helmet, Jake......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

A great looking helmet Jake ,bang on as a good Vietnam era lid. I will just add these images of my one and only US M1 that may have been used in that period. It is a Capac M1 made in the early 50's with some rather "raunchy" art work on the cover. Whether or not that is original I do not know but it looks great!! Leon.Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.

Very cool sexy lid, indeed !

Nice to see a non-black painted A washer on post war liner.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Ugg !! Back in the late 70's early 80's i was buying the type of helmets for $5.00 and with a liner an extra $2-3 dollars.. I think a few were actually WW2 but a couple were actual Vietnam Era..
    I bought them for "Playing War" in the woods with friends.. at a local surplus shop.. My chores would buy a good helmet every couple of weeks.. Them days are gone now.. G
    Perhaps though they may be stowed away in my parents attic... I shall have a look see.. Interesting..
    Nice Lid... Thank you for sharing and bringing back some memories...G

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Very cool sexy lid, indeed !

Nice to see a non-black painted A washer on post war liner.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Nice Nam era Lid Leon as Taka said these green A washer Capac KW liners are a lot less common than there black counterparts.cool artwork too,thanx for showing........

a very nice quality nam lid jake
    Regards James

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast