Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vietnam Helmet with camo cover

Article about: Let me begin by saying I know nothing about Vietnam helmets but I sold one off years ago that I still regret to this day. That being said, I came across this beauty at very reasonable price

Looks like a nice lid Aldo. Look for dates on the cover and markings in the liner but all looks good from here. I am not sure how to date post war steel pots.. Congrats.
    John

?

Thanks Phil, I use mostly standard glass and foam heads on my helmets and sidecaps. The glass skulls are perfect for my German visors. I bought an extra one just for this helmet because it looks so fierce.

Al

Vietnam Helmet with camo coverVietnam Helmet with camo cover

...watch out for the Styrofoam ones...but you probably know about the possible damage they can do.....from the pics, this ain't your first rodeo!

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...watch out for the Styrofoam ones...but you probably know about the possible damage they can do.....from the pics, this ain't your first rodeo!
    Thanks for the heads up! I heard that Styrofoam may damage leather over time, helmet liners, visor sweatbands etc but does it affect other headgear with just cloth interiors ? I currently have all my side-caps and M43's on foam and the visors and helmets on glass or wood stands. Also curious if this deterioration is slow like decades or within a few years. Thanks, Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2