MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

vietnam m1

Article about: hi folks here's my latest helmet id like to share im not sure of the markings on the front of the lid looks like white stripe's where removed ? the lid has the name hankins a-28 in pen what

Default Re: vietnam m1

right nick ive had a better look with a headtorch on and now can clearly see this M -172A would this mean a postwar mccord heatstamp change making it 1960's production regards james
    Last edited by James C; 11-30-2011 at 04:08 PM.

?

with that number i would say 1950's KW era shell as that's a very similar heat stamp number set up as my KW era M-1.

a korean lid ,sounds good to me nick thanks once again james

?

no worries

Thanks James for the link,as this was before my time here,Nick was correct the McCord shell is from the 1951 production run,and has North & Judd Anchor chinstraps 1965-67 and the M1 COMBAT LINER was produced by Marmac industries,nice complete M1C with a good honest look to it,keep hold as these are getting harder to find with correct componants..........

many thanks jake for your further breakdown of the componant parts ,these m1's arent really my field of expertise so i can always learn some more on them ,what do you make of the frontal paint remnants my thoughts are captain bars ,does nick d still frequent the m1 forum our paths havent crossed in a long long time ,he was always a helpfull chap ,bye james
    Regards James

?

Hi James, 2011-2014 that quite a gap in posting and updating mate!, I really like the look of this one, and is very similar to one of my M1- C helmets, looking at the rank that has been removed from the front of the shell I would say captain, good point I have not seen any recent post's here from Nick, I know back in the year he sold off a lot of his M1's on ebay!!

thanks gary ,yes i thought this thread was dead and buried but as jake showed an interest in some pictures i took recently it was easier to find the old thread on this one intresting update on nick and his collection ,a shame as he was a good bloke and had some superb displays especially his Kpots , on a side note i still need to send out the pebbled buttons i promised illl make it a top priority matey
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary ,yes i thought this thread was dead and buried but as jake showed an interest in some pictures i took recently it was easier to find the old thread on this one intresting update on nick and his collection ,a shame as he was a good bloke and had some superb displays especially his Kpots , on a side note i still need to send out the pebbled buttons i promised illl make it a top priority matey
    Hi Mate, just goes to show a decent thread is never dead and buried, other than the information provided I do not know waht has become of Nick, but your right nice fella. Oh and the buttons would be fantastic mate,most appreciated, I have Pm'd you but over the weekend the forum was down for me

gary i got the pm ,i just need to get my backside into gear ,hopefully nick still receives email notifications from old threads and he might pop in, it would be good to have him back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast