Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

vietnam M1 ?

Article about: well i posted this under heatstamp help. which was a silly title , but i ]was wondering does this look US vietnam to you ? i am asking so much cause i will sell it if its post vietnam .the h

Default Re: vietnam M1 ?

hold up i might be wrong about it being a usmc logo mine logo is not visible just the inspection service and the 1955 date .cheers

here is the stamp from my helmet sorry its a little hard to read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam M1  ?   vietnam M1  ?  

after a closer look the date is actually "jan 1953 " from what i could see but its hard to read .cheers

here are a few clearer pictures .cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam M1  ?   vietnam M1  ?  

vietnam M1  ?  

thanks for that nick ,so does this mean the Quartermaster Corps used the helmet in 1953 or just inspected it for soliders to use ? cheers

i was reading up and i found some people said this on a few forums " green paint on the chinstrap hardware means it is korean war era" is this true ? cheers

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    thanks for that nick ,so does this mean the Quartermaster Corps used the helmet in 1953 or just inspected it for soliders to use ? cheers

to be honest mate i don't know theres not a lot of info about these stamps.

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    i was reading up and i found some people said this on a few forums " green paint on the chinstrap hardware means it is korean war era" is this true ? cheers
    yes mate

yea i could not find much on these stamps to be honest but its a nice thing you dont see too often on m1 helmets so i like that part about it haha, and about the paint on the chin strap hardware .this helmet does have that so would this make it a Korean war era helmet ? judging from the stamp saying 1953 and the green painted chinstrap parts ? cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast