Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Vietnam M1 (ebay) comments please

Article about: by wootars Here is the latest photos received for the M1 that the seller wants \\$65 for. Sweatband and suspension marked to 1967. Its a westinghouse liner marked D 28 which I beleive could be

Default Re: Vietnam M1 (ebay) comments please

i find that with shipping too it just adds that, more to items. but i picked up a nice vietnam m1 in a junk store here in vic for 80 bucks.
    Last edited by geelong; 02-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.

I agree geelong. In this case shipping is $60 making it just too much to purchase. I'll keep looking!

Great you found one locally. I keep looking at local junk stores etc here whenever i come accross one but no luck as of yet.

Errol

yea its hard but the place i went to that day. it was run by a old lady and she said a guy just walked in had the vietnam helmet with cover and a aus m1 and two spare mictchel patten covers and a few bands and said he dident want them anymore. so i got the lot. two of the covers are 69 dated and one is 70. but you just dont no. somtimes you just have to pay that bit extra to with this stuff when you can.

So true! Im willing to wait until the right one comes along and a bit of luck in being in the right place at the right time as you have proved can play its part.

I still like the look of the second one that I put pics up for $65 and are waiting for some more photos and info from the seller.

Does the presence of the nape mean that its later vietnam period?

i think the type 2 nape was put in the new m1 liner systems in the 60s but not shore when

The Nape was standard with the new webbing cradle fitted and contracted from 1964......Jake.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Jake.

Thanks geelong.

Here is the latest photos received for the M1 that the seller wants $65 for. Sweatband and suspension marked to 1967. Its a westinghouse liner marked D 28 which I beleive could be a re-furbished westinghouse WW11 or Korean war liner from what I have read in other posts...is that right?

Also notice the -8 stamped in white in the liner, ive seen this on a number of liners in other posts but unsure as to what it signifies?

Vietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments pleaseVietnam M1 (ebay) comments please.

?

i would pay $65 for that

Thanks Nick, Im thinking the same. Even with the shipping that could cost me $40 to $50 to Australia I would be in the same boat with most purchases - as there is always more to choose from either in the "Good ol' Blighty" or the US so it doesn't bother me too much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast