Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

VIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with Markings

Article about: Hi Guys ! Just wondering if anyone would have any information on this Helmet. The cover I don't think came with the helmet at all BUT the Helmet and Liner were purchased together with some M

Default VIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with Markings

Hi Guys !
    Just wondering if anyone would have any information on this Helmet. The cover I don't think came with the helmet at all BUT the Helmet and Liner were purchased together with some MP Arm Bands.

-I dont know what the markings the Liner designate. Any ideas?
    -Also for the helmet is this a Vietnam Era M1?
    -As for the Cover I dont know where it came from .... Its very difficult to read ..... I can make out that it is similar to the "Blind Society" markings that I have see around.
    -Is this 1970s? 1980s? or when ?

I hope everyone is well and thank you for shedding any light on this Mystery Helm.
    -Zach

VIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with MarkingsVIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with Markings on

Hi there,

does the helmet shell have a stamp over the eye area? If yes, which?

The helmet itself looks ok for the Vietnam period.

The liner is a 1964 pattern from the 24th Military Police Company (?)

The sweatband is WW 2 production until 1945.

The helmet cover dates from the 1980s.

Hello!

thanks for taking a look ... I see no markings whatsoever inside ....was straining my eyes ha. Just dirt and scratches. So the Liner is 1964 model with a WW2 sweatband? Appreciate tha Knowledge!

Postwar shell either 50's or 60's production.liner as stated P64 Helmet Duck Cotton Liner,made between 1964-69 by either Marmac or Westinghouse but as there's no white number stamping,most probably Marmac.

Awesome. Thank you! Appreciate all the info. It’s Older than I thought. Don’t even know where I picked this one up. Many years ago.

Hi,
    I had some Vietnam era Ingersoll produced shells that you could not read the heat stamp. I uncover the stamp during the restoration and paint removal (but I do not recommend same procedure here
    It has proper Vietnam era sand camouflage color, so it could be one.
    For the cover it is definately US woodland 80s cover.
    As for the liner itself does it have any marking on the webbing above the ear area? How about markings on nape strap?
    But also I agree with earlier comments and would put it in the 60s period time, beacuse of the make and webbing attachment.

Cheers!

Thank you! I’ll check the Liner again when I get home . The camo cover was alter addition I think by me. Dig the helmet and liner. Doesn’t prob even need the cover for display now that we are talking about it. Thanks for taking a look!

Edit : Def no marking on the Shell. I really scrutinized it yesterday

Quote by Kamuflaza View Post
    Hi,
    I had some Vietnam era Ingersoll produced shells that you could not read the heat stamp. I uncover the stamp during the restoration and paint removal (but I do not recommend same procedure here
    It has proper Vietnam era sand camouflage color, so it could be one.
    For the cover it is definately US woodland 80s cover.
    As for the liner itself does it have any marking on the webbing above the ear area? How about markings on nape strap?
    But also I agree with earlier comments and would put it in the 60s period time, beacuse of the make and webbing attachment.

Cheers!

The sand finish is Vietnam time frame or later.

The markings are often very fine.

Ingersoll shells that I know have a different processing. These 4 characteristic welding spots for fixing the rim are missing there.

The brackets on the chin straps also loosen this middle blunted tongue.

I only know this from shells of the manufacturer Motor Wheel Co. "MW / MW A" from the 1950s (1951 - 1956) as a subcontractor of McCord.
    Attached Images Attached Images VIETNAM M1 HELMET WITH MP LINER with Markings 

?

Looks 80s to me, the decal is for Ohio National Guard