Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam m1c circa 1970.

Article about: by kozowy1967 Hi Jake from my understanding the 200.000 shells and liners that were produced for the Canadian army have some tell tale differences compared to there US issued cousins. I will

Default Vietnam m1c circa 1970.

Thought i would share my M1C which i have had for a few years now,The shell almost unused with all its original silca sand textured pea green paint,it has the parish stamped m1c chinstraps instead of the earlier anchor type,the liner is a 1970 Marmac industries type 2 which is a lot less common than the Firestone type 2 usually seen on ebay and always dated 1967,the mitchell is in great condition also dated 1970,the only thing that lets it down is the sweatband which is much later.welcome any comments...........
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 05:02 PM.

My only comment is i like it!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    My only comment is i like it!....
    Thanks Paul

?

Nice helmet Jake that mitchell cover looks pristine I am on the hunt right now for another Canadian issued M-1 to add to my collection

Thanks Mark,out of interest this shell is Canadian produced,did you already know that mate?and good luck with the M1 quest............

?

Hi Jake, very nice example and great to see the less common liner, these models seem to be fetching high prices lately. The Canadian shell is great too, I not believe I have any of these in my collection, is the silica finish the same as the US version?

I look forward to seeing more of your fantastic M1 collection in time.

Regards Gary.

?

Great example of a Nam era M1C, Well done Jake! I think I like these Nam era M1C's more than there WW2 counterparts and seeing as I have one and cant afford an original of its earlier counterpart it takes pride position in my US helmet display, Again.. Fine example! Cheers! Sean.

?

Hi Jake I did not know that very interesting indeed the Canadian M-1 is quite new to me I am branching out a little I have one in my collection now and a US M-1 C para liner which I understand from my research the Canadian army used as well in limited numbers I will include a couple of images .
    I was contacted by another forum member who has just offered me a minty Canadian produced M-1, liner,and two camo covers for a very reasonable price so I am rather stoked will be nice to add another to my collection.
    The holy Grail of Canadian M-1's is on my radar but are very scarce in 1943 Canada purchased 200.000 M-1's from the US government the shells from my understanding were manufactured in 1942 and the liners could be one of two but for the most part were produced by Hawley I do have a lot more production info but will start a separate thread soon in the M-1 section.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam m1c circa 1970.   Vietnam m1c circa 1970.  

Thanks guys for the comments,Mark a silly question mate but if your after an original wartime US made M1 Helmet and Hawley liner how in the world will you know whether it was actually issued to the Canadian Military?I mean its a US M1 Helmet?unless there are specific stamp marks etc?regarding my shell I dont know why the US chose a Canadian MFG to produce these (probably down to cost)but they had five contracts between 1970-1976,these were the last M1 shells made,that expains why a few ebay sellers based in Canada had box loads of un-issued shells +chinstraps for sale,personally I dont think the build quality of these shells was ever as great as previously made US produced shells(not being biased)the rims rust out quite badly,the loops were just bad and these shells suffered from severe stress cracks,not seen since the early McCords,good luck with your quest,and post up the liner + covers when you receive them.......

?

Hi Jake from my understanding the 200.000 shells and liners that were produced for the Canadian army have some tell tale differences compared to there US issued cousins.
    I will start a thread on them in the next day or so they are hard to come by because of the limited production numbers and they were post war re painted and re issued.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast