Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th

Article about: Another helmet I am very proud to own. It is an M1C which belonged to William John Ruebel a member of the 505th. He was a veteran of WWII, KW and VN. - - Updated - - The next to last photo i

Default Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th

Another helmet I am very proud to own.
    It is an M1C which belonged to William John Ruebel a member of the 505th.
    He was a veteran of WWII, KW and VN.

- - Updated - -

The next to last photo is actually him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th   Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th  

Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th   Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th  

Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th   Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th  

Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th  
    Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th 

?

Default Re: Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th

So why does the headstone have WW2 if he was born in Oct 11 1930. I do know that there were some "Men" that joined before they were of age. Did Mr Ruebel do the same?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Good job Phil I did not see that.
    That would not surprise me.
    The youngest Soldier on D-day was 14
    chris

I noticed this issue myself. According to the US Veteran Gravesites Record, he enlisted 29 Dec 1946. He would have met the criteria for service during WWII if this information is correct: .

A bonafide hero in my book.
    Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam M1C of SSG William John Ruebel 505th