Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam medic helmet?

Article about: All the pictures I have from seller, says its a Vietnam era medic helmet that is original. I'm not great with paint but I'm confident, but opinions help and what can point out what to look f

Default Vietnam medic helmet?

All the pictures I have from seller, says its a Vietnam era medic helmet that is original. I'm not great with paint but I'm confident, but opinions help and what can point out what to look for in originals. I know infantry wore camouflage covers in Vietnam so I find it odd a medic wouldn't wear one and paint the cross. The missing white circles would stick out like a sore thumb in the fields so I understand that missing, but does this make sense? What worries me is the seller tries hard to make it seem real, going as far to say he was in Vietnam and saw medics wearing these types of helmets, so does this all look good? Thanks gentleman.Vietnam medic helmet?Vietnam medic helmet?Vietnam medic helmet?

Default Re: Vietnam medic helmet?

I think its good just missing some stuff most likely had a cover at some point as you pointed out what is the asking price ??

As of now only $50 plus the usually $15 or so to ship. Has either world war 2 or Korean liner, can't tell without close ups but its a us something as the manufacturer but I can't see.

I'd save my money. Medics weren't wearing crosses on their helmets by Vietnam, it made them too much of a target. The liner chin strap was discontinued in '62 or '63 I think. Save your money and get a good Vietnam helmet with the proper Mitchell cover.

I have a couple good Vietnam helmets so all in all ill just keep looking for something else to catch my eye.