Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam (sort of) M1 helmet

Article about: Hello! haven't posted for a long time, do i decide to show my (sort of) Vietnam Era M1 helmet. It is really, in fact, an Israeli M1 from the late 1970's with a US mitchell pattern helmet lin

Default Vietnam (sort of) M1 helmet

Hello! haven't posted for a long time, do i decide to show my (sort of) Vietnam Era M1 helmet. It is really, in fact, an Israeli M1 from the late 1970's with a US mitchell pattern helmet liner. I hope i get a real US m1 from that era so i can show off both helmets as what they really are!
    You can not see it, but it is dated 1970 and has seen use....

?

Good luck in sourcing a US M1, personally I am very grateful you posted up your Israeli M1 which I find very interesting due to it's features especially the chinstrap bales, is this the model with the third bale on the rear of the shell?

Also great pictures of the markings and stamps on the liner and shell

Thank you! And yes this is the model with the three chinstrap bails but i do not have the chinstraps . But, the helmet was only $20 at a local surplus store so i cant really complain

I have a collection of Israeli / IDF helmets, collecting M1 varients used in other wars is also interesting

they also used these in the Yom Kippur war and Beirut Lebanon during the civil war and other wars in Africa.

some countries in South america also used Israeli helmets

Seen less often than a US M1, that's for sure. A nice and interesting helmet, thanks for showing it. Leon.