Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What do I have?

Article about: Any help would be much appreciated....not sure what year this is- I know nothing about helmets, I just found this and need some info about it and thought you guys could help me out. Can't re

Default What do I have?

Any help would be much appreciated....not sure what year this is- I know nothing about helmets, I just found this and need some info about it and thought you guys could help me out. Can't really make out the print on the straps, but I do notice the number 59? There's a stamp in the crown of the liner I guess that reads US 7. and a stamp inside the helmet itself towards the front that reads 2213.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have?   What do I have?  

What do I have?   What do I have?  

Default Re: What do I have?

Welcome to the forum!

It is a Vietnam War era American M1 helmet. This one looks later to me, perhaps 70's?

It is worth maybe $30 or so. That's what the shop near me sells them for.

Best regards,
    Mo

Awesome- thanks for your help Not too bad for only paying $3 for it at a thrift store!

Does that star mean anything or did somebody else draw that on there after the fact?

It is most likely a recent addition.

ObK is correct.........

Three dollars was a bargain !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys- looks like one of the stamps reads: DSA100-69-C4774

So I'm assuming this is from 69 then from what I've been reading on here?

yep! 1969.

Now all you need is a Mitchell pattern camo cover and you got yourself a nice representative Vietnam helmet.

?

for $3 you got a very good bargain as mk1rceme said add a NAM era cover to make a great display piece