Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What to do with this shell.

Article about: Hello guys, I just want your opinions on what to do with this shell. My Mom bought it as a Vietnam era helmet, and told me about it saying it had stuff painted on it. I had to have a look, a

G'day,

White paint does appear post WWII, however;
    Before removing the white paint I would do some research on the name and number painted inside (with what appears to be the same paint). It may well have been a re-issued WWII shell (during the Nam era) and that may well be Nam era graffiti? If by some luck you have helmet with some providence; A Vietnam era refurb would be quite easy (and easier on the wallet). The straps, cover and liner shouldn't be a problem to source.

Just a thought

Best regards,
    Chris

Might be just a trick of the light, but is that the ghost of a big sloppy painted on swastika under the white square? If it is, it could be Viet Nam era graffiti on it that was painted over to cover it....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I will study the name a bit. Wagriff it may well be the photo, but I will have another look. Also, the name looks a lot brighter in the pics than the outside paint.... another part of the mystery. Thanks for all of your ideas and comments.

Quote by Nathan362 View Post
    I will study the name a bit. Wagriff it may well be the photo, but I will have another look. Also, the name looks a lot brighter in the pics than the outside paint.... another part of the mystery. Thanks for all of your ideas and comments.
    I would guess all done at the same time - they all appear to have been done with a rough bristle paint brush.

Regards,
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2