Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think about this m1 para helmet?

Article about: The helmet have the front seam and liner have the green coated mid-war A-washers. What do you guys think, is it a good example of a ww para helmet or is something not right? And how about th

?

Default What do you think about this m1 para helmet?

The helmet have the front seam and liner have the green coated mid-war A-washers. What do you guys think, is it a good example of a ww para helmet or is something not right? And how about the decals, do they look alright? Sorry I haven’t got better pictures so far.

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think about this m1 para helmet?   What do you think about this m1 para helmet?  

What do you think about this m1 para helmet?   What do you think about this m1 para helmet?  

What do you think about this m1 para helmet?   What do you think about this m1 para helmet?  

Default Re: What do you think about this m1 para helmet?

Call me paranoid but the liner does look kinda new. Of course this in my judgment but it kinda does. I can't say anything toward the decals but ya never know now a days. One of the others will be along in a few and give you a good idea to it's authenticity/ fakeness etc. Best of luck.

?

Hi, Alex. Are you thinking of buying this? It's no good.

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

the liner is a post war 1950's version the shell chin strap is a repro & the paint job doesn't look good to me either from those pic's it looks newly applied !

walk away while you can its about as fake as it could possibly be,everything is completely wrong as already stated above,dave.

?

Okay thanks for the Warning gents. It is a pass.

?

I'd say the same on this steer well clear, as stated this is a 1950's liner, which has been messed about with. As if this was original liner the webbing would be O.D#3 and not O.D#7 and O.D#3 so the chin cup and "A" frame webbing harness are a repro kit which have been add to an original post war internal webbing frame work, so a repro paratrooper liner done on the cheap.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "