Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What era/year/type of m1 helmet?

Article about: I would go there to buy a liner chinstrap... but the minimum order is 20 dollars! I'm not spending 10 extra dollars on something that I don't need in order to get a liner chinstrap... which

Default Re: What era/year/type of m1 helmet?

I would go there to buy a liner chinstrap... but the minimum order is 20 dollars! I'm not spending 10 extra dollars on something that I don't need in order to get a liner chinstrap... which I don't have...

oh and I also need a nape strap

Quote by Awesome View Post
    I would go there to buy a liner chinstrap... but the minimum order is 20 dollars! I'm not spending 10 extra dollars on something that I don't need in order to get a liner chinstrap... which I don't have...
    you should look on ebay for a better price

Quote by battle gear View Post
    you should look on ebay for a better price
    Oh god! The prices are much worse on ebay. Granted, the items on ebay are real unissued pieces, but these work too! If I have a worn out unissued piece, but a good liner and shell, then it's a waste of money!

?

Quote by Awesome View Post
    Oh god! The prices are much worse on ebay. Granted, the items on ebay are real unissued pieces, but these work too! If I have a worn out unissued piece, but a good liner and shell, then it's a waste of money!
    Let me get this straight, you already spent $200 on this helmet but don't want to drop another 20 bucks or so on the reproduction liner and nape straps so it can be complete? That's kinda penny wise and dollar foolish isn't it?

DiffuseGore
    ?

Hey I also have a helmet that is an m1 helmet but I don't know the year, but your discribtion has helped only a few questions, on the liner it has a circle with a k like symbol what is it

Quote by DiffuseGore View Post
    Hey I also have a helmet that is an m1 helmet but I don't know the year, but your discribtion has helped only a few questions, on the liner it has a circle with a k like symbol what is it
    What era/year/type of m1 helmet?

does it look like this symbol? because thats an Israeli marking, only found on post war Israeli helmet liners

DiffuseGore
    ?

Yes wow so I was lied to.how much would this be worth

Quote by DiffuseGore View Post
    Yes wow so I was lied to.how much would this be worth
    does the steel shell have an extra chin strap swivel at the rear of the helmet?

Israeli made M1 helmets are mostly early 1970's to early 1980's era, they can still be found online for around $30 in used condition complete with liner, steel shell, 3 point chin strap

http://209.85.12.227/14366/80/upload/p3339847.jpg
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-04-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Yours is DEFINITLY ww2, throughout my interest of helmets I have gained a trained eye for the shapes of ww2 and post war helmets. Yours seems too be a late war because of the heat stamp and also the fact that it is a rear seam the liner is also ww2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast