Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What war/year does my m1 helmet from ?

Article about: By new, I think Russ means that the net could have been unissued and never saw the light of day outside of a supply crate until very recently. Chances are your helmet started life as an orig

Default Re: What war/year does my m1 helmet from ?

and the paint looks postwar!!!to much glare for my me.sorry friend but for $114 bucks it ain't looking too good im afraid,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    and the paints postwar,too much glare for me,or am i just picky,regards minnie.
    I was holding the helmet up to the window to make it easier to see so that's why there's some glare

?

if you can take some pics with netting off outside also are there any markings on the inside crown of the liner ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    if you can take some pics with netting off outside also are there any markings on the inside crown of the liner ?
    Yes there's a cross that says capac, I think thatsbwhat it says, can't really make it out

?

well all i can say is if you have any chance of getting your money back on this one i would advise you do so as its not an original WW2 M-1 helmet as already stated the the shell chin strap is fake the shell looks to have a post war repaint maybe 1950's Korean war finish being a CAPAC liner it is US but without pictures i cant say whether its WW2 or not but its been messed with way to much to be in anyway original !!!

whats the heat stamp number then we can tell you if even the shell is ww2 vintage?regards minnie.

The heat stamp says 952 with one more character I can't make out

New net, new chin strap, nrw paint and it doesn't look like the liner matches up to well........ someone dolled this up to pawn off as an original WWII lid it looks like.

Russ

The net is not new, It was one of a kind where i bought.nthey did havev any in stock it was just a one deal item, it also smells really bad, it was just one that survived the war in really good shape and I replaced the chin straps because when I got the helmet one was missing & half of the other one was there (they were sewn on) and yes the paint was refirbished because the original paint was really bad. I'm pretty sure the shell was ww2, I mean they made 22 million in ww2 and produced another million postwar, so whats the chance of it not being a ww2 helmet?? Does anyone know how many rearseam were produced in ww2 (estimate) ?

Quote by Dominick Consolazio View Post
    The heat stamp says 952 with one more character I can't make out
    Is the characture and "M" or an "I" ?

Yes, 22 million made but just as likely not to be a WWII period helmet as it is. Tons of helmets want to scrap and as many were sold off to other countries.

Need good profile photo with no net and shell removed. Also inside of liner would be really nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast