Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where have all the M1s gone?

Article about: Get posting people Have a great Weekend - Zach

I think I have about six M1 from WWII to VN+ and as I have said before I am not a helmet collector but I quite like this one;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where have all the M1s gone?   Where have all the M1s gone?  

Where have all the M1s gone?   Where have all the M1s gone?  

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I as I have said before I am not a helmet collector but I quite like this one;
    (Scatches Head Haha)
    That is a nice example. I like it a lot and the piecemeal photo session. The red chinstrap liner rivet I dont recall seeing one of those before. Unique

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    My only M1.
    I had Jury Duty a few months back. And an older gentleman was my "Lunch Buddy" Nice guy and we got along. He was a Vietnam Vet... He slept on an Ammunition Barge in the Gulf of Tonkin for a year. He said if they would have taken a direct hit the whole barge would have gone up. I let him know that maybe not alot of young people may care or even know about Vietnam but that I certainly did (Im not young ...low 40 but you know what I mean) and thank you ..... It meant alot to him ... I was glad I said something

Then I casually asked "soooooo did you keep your equipment from the War perchance?"

LOL... He didnt and if he did ....he would happily passed it on he said. Nice man
    Z

From my personal collection

Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where have all the M1s gone?   Where have all the M1s gone?  

Small displays

Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?Where have all the M1s gone?

Awesome dude. What helmet is that Camo in? Real helmets of the ETO?

Nice collection And display !
    Z

- - ------- - -

**** what book is that Camo helmet in. LOL. Cant speak

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    The red chinstrap liner rivet I dont recall seeing one of those before. Unique
    That's down to colour rendition. It isn't red at all it's a deep chestnut brown

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    That's down to colour rendition. It isn't red at all it's a deep chestnut brown

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark... I noticed on other photos elsewhere that they appear red sometimes. I was like Huh . Photographing these helms is tricky business sometimes. Great photos non the less of the individual components

Z,

It's not the same helmet as the book but the camo schemes are very close; I believe my camo helmet is a 5th ID camo painted. The front has a cross painted in camo tan paint, either to cover up the 5th ID emblem or possibly a medic. If that helmet could only talk...

Pat

I will try to pull the 2nd ID helmets out of storage for the weekend! Happy 4rth!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast