Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.

Article about: Thought this Liner deserved a thread on its own merit.Green Olive Drab painted "A" washers....Sweatband also of the Olive Drab variety.both Sweatband and Nape strap are clearly sta

Default White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.

Thought this Liner deserved a thread on its own merit.Green Olive Drab painted "A" washers....Sweatband also of the Olive Drab variety.both Sweatband and Nape strap are clearly stamped up.The off white paint has a nice aged look and has been around for quite a long time.The name on the Sweatband also ties in with the Ohio University logo's appied.thanks in advance as per-usual.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.   White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.  

White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.   White Painted Mid-war Firestone Liner.  

Super condition Jake, nice catch.

?

Nice liner.

?

So I'm guessing this was a part of the ROTC program at OSU???
    Very cool find.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Amazing condition Jake, many thanks for showing this liner. It's great to be able to see the original stamps on the various parts.

Thanks guys for the comments,as I said on my original thread originally it was purchased for that particular Shell however having it to hand its good enough to display on its own merit,so might have to continue the hunt..............

Nice Capac/Westinghouse 1951 liner on ebay with around an hour to go , could even do you some discount bud.

Knew I had seen that liner before on here,it was the circle that gave it away,remember Gary asking about it.............

Thats the one bud, i got the MSA liner to replace it.

?

White was used in so many area's of the military: The VFW, American Legion, ROTC, National Guard Units, Army Reserve as well as regular Army used these white liners for parade duty from the late forties up until the early 80's. Also, MP's were known to sport white liners as well. Obviously, this one is correctly ID'd as being ROTC.