Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

winter medic helmet

Article about: hey all, just was looking around today and say rhis m1 come up, has white paint in layers it seams and the medic crosses were gone over in pink also, what do you think?

Default winter medic helmet

hey all, just was looking around today and say rhis m1 come up, has white paint in layers it seams and the medic crosses were gone over in pink also, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture winter medic helmet  

Don't like it at all based on that one lonely photo.

ill get you more that are on the listing

I just don't see the logic behind medics having camo lids, they wanted to stand out and that was the idea of having the big bright red cross!..

?

I don't have a problem with the helmet, I just do not believe that it is a "Camo" helmet. Based off the style of markings and the condition of the shell I would say that the helmet was probably used by a shipboard USN corpsman. The markings are probably from sometime between the end of Korea and the end of Vietnam.

i was thinking more winter camo from late ww2, did they use white in the navy?

here are more pictures, the seller wants $125
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture winter medic helmet   winter medic helmet  

winter medic helmet   winter medic helmet  

Quote by Patches View Post
    here are more pictures, the seller wants $125
    If it was any good it would have cost 4 times that much.

?

Quote by Patches View Post
    i was thinking more winter camo from late ww2, did they use white in the navy?
    Yes, helmets painted white overall were very common in the USN. The style was used throughout the life of the M1 and was one of the last instances of medic marked helmets you would see in the armed forces. Being a rear seam helmet it would never have made it into a theater that had snow before the war ended.