Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Would need held dating or/and identifying this M1

Article about: So, bought this M1 helmet a long time ago, when I started to put together my vn era kit, came with an original 74 dated mitchell cover and an 84 dated liner, however, I wasn't able to find a

Default Would need held dating or/and identifying this M1

So, bought this M1 helmet a long time ago, when I started to put together my vn era kit, came with an original 74 dated mitchell cover and an 84 dated liner, however, I wasn't able to find any markings on the pot itself, and I've always been doubting if it was even actually an american pot or not (don't personally mind if it is original or not, just the country of origin). Thus, I thought that maybe some of you lads could help me figure this out!

It is a rear seam, swivel bale helmet, and the only marking that I was able to find is under the rim, being barely visible (seems to say something like L52-85), aside from that one, there are none other, at least that I can see.

Any help?

Would need held dating or/and identifying this M1

Thanks in advance!

The helmet is not a US helmet. I’m not up on the European helmets but the guys across the pond will chime in shortly. Welcome to the forum.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

A few photos of the whole helmet will help the gents immensely. A lot can be determined sometimes from the shape, paint, etc....

Edit: well....looks like Marty beat me to it by 20 seconds....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is a Dutch used so called M53 helmet. This particular helmet was manufactured by Linnemann & Schnetzer in Germany for the Dutch government. It seems to be a very late model: '85.

If you look at the chinstrap buckle, you might notice a different construction, compared to the M1 helmet.

Show us a few photographs of this lid, will you?

Cheers,
    Emile