Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!

Article about: This is on ebay in the UK is this debate regarding WW2 EGA stamps going to continue for an eternity,why can't anyone just say yes or no please?being sold as WW2 first pattern with EGA stamp

Default Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!

This is on ebay in the UK is this debate regarding WW2 EGA stamps going to continue for an eternity,why can't anyone just say yes or no please?Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!being sold as WW2 first pattern with EGA stamp up to £69 with 2 days to go!!!!!!!minnie.

Default Re: Ww2 ega usmc first pattern cover!!!!

Hi Dave, I used to own one of these back in the 80's. Wartime, but in my honest opinion all the eagle/globe stamps were applied later post war.

The debate would end if someone could come up with a valid clear photo of one in wear in WW2 with the stamp. That would end it. But as no one has, they have to be regarded as post war stamped.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

why can't anyone just say yes or no please?

No!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 10-19-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Cheers Ade thats what i have always believed,but putting the EGA to one side is the cover genuine?regards minnie.p.s welcome back andy hope your ok now mate

?

the cover looks fine it looks exactly like my one