Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?

Article about: Hello all, Ive taken a few risks on some M1 helmets This one looks ok to me but the thing bugging me is the price i paid for it. I always have the theory that if it goes to cheap then it is

Default WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?

Hello all,

Ive taken a few risks on some M1 helmets
    This one looks ok to me but the thing bugging me is the price i paid for it. I always have the theory that if it goes to cheap then it is too good to be true. Well, this one did go too cheap in my opinion and it makes me jubious. Or, did i just get a bargain?

Do you guys think it is actually what it says it is? A WW2 Front seam helmet with original liner?

Any help is appreciated as always
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner? 

Default Re: WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?

Looks good to me ww2 production. Repainted at sometime. I don’t know nothing about nets.
    What is the makers mark on the liner? It will be on the middle of the crown on the inside.
    And I don,t know why the liner has that white painted crown, I hope someone else can tell us.
    Was it a bargain how much was it.
    Regards
    Rod

Just noticed is that a number written on the front webbing strap, it might be serial number Nick may be able to help with that.
    Rod

Great! Thanks, i should get it in a few days so will have better pics. I was just wondering if i should get my hopes up about receiving this item or be worried.

Post war net?

I don't think there is any need to worry, to me they look spot on, but as always better pics are best to tell more about it.

Rod

Great, good pick up for £40 i think.

Ok, so this helmet was delivered today and overall its not too shabby
    Liner has a few cracks in it with a large one to the front. The shell is in nice original condition in my opinion so i'm quite happy.

Im wondering if anyone can help with the date on manufacture, the heat stamp number is 901G. There is a number penciled into the liner which looks like P-9324? Also does anyone have any idea why the liner has been painted the way it has? And lastly, what are peoples opinions about the net it came with?

Thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?   WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  

WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?   WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  

WW2 M1 Helmet and Liner?  

Look ok. Shell date May 1944 are you sure its a G and not a C I don’t think I have seen a G one before.
    Looks like a mid war liner if it has green metal “A” washers, what’s the makers mark it will be on the middle of the inside of the crown.
    As for the paint most people agree that these were painted darker green for the Korean war.
    The white crown no one seems to have any idea what this was done for, here is a link to some others.
    WWII Helmet Liner, Unknown White Circle painted Dome & named to Technician Third Grade Folder - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Rod

Ah thank you, could well be a C.
    I took at look at that thread and im really interested to find out why the dome is white! I can see this is going become very frustrating

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast