MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti

Article about: Here I have a WW2 front seam, swivel bail McCord manufactured helmet with a stamp of 1052A which I date to around October 1944. It has been repainted for use in the Vietnam war and still has

Default WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti

Here I have a WW2 front seam, swivel bail McCord manufactured helmet with a stamp of 1052A which I date to around October 1944. It has been repainted for use in the Vietnam war and still has its original ww2 paint which can still be seen underneath the new paint along with the cork textured finish, the helmet also has the anchor marked straps. The liner is a Westinghouse made liner dated 17 DEC 1965 and has the Westinghouse logo mark with 106 underneath. The liner also has a white 17- mark on the liner which is unique to these cotton made liners of this period. The Mitchell helmet cover has a contract number 7057 which I date to around late 1964 to early 1965. The helmet cover also has some interesting graffiti. In a red brownish colour 'VA' and 'I STOLE THIS' which has faded which I thought was rust stains at first. The other marks in black appear to be place names like 'SUFFOLK and Virginia'. It also has names 'Nathaniel and George'. The other writing 'MR CooL, Gates, Soul, I LOVE YOU, LOVE and V.H.' Thanks for looking guys and I will be posting more of my M1s very soon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti   WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti  

WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti   WW2 M1 Vietnam war with graffiti  

Nice helmet! So many WWII shells were used in VN!