Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.

Article about: by battle gear cool lid! looks like WWII aircraft nose art I think it definitely is 'inspired' by nose cone art. I have seen a 'Shoo,shoo, shoo, baby' example before. It's an odd lid for sur

Default Re: WW2 Style M1 Pin-Up art Memorial lid.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    cool lid! looks like WWII aircraft nose art
    I think it definitely is 'inspired' by nose cone art. I have seen a 'Shoo,shoo, shoo, baby' example before. It's an odd lid for sure I love that song though.

?

i see you've now put this up on ebay good luck hope you get a good price for it

Quote by NickD View Post
    i see you've now put this up on ebay good luck hope you get a good price for it
    Yeah, unfortunately mate. Job hunting is not going well and funds are getting a little tight. Iv'e already sold my relic German lids at a loss My girlfriend convinced me to put it on ebay. Iv'e tried to be accurate with the listing.Cant see it selling really, it's too much of a strange combination. If it was a proper front seam American made M1 it might be worth something more. Ah well, it looks good and that's what I'm selling it on.I wouldn't say this to my missis but, I hope no one wants it

?

i see someone did buy it sadly only for the starting price shame but as you said if it was on an original US WW2 M-1 it may have gotten more attention ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    i see someone did buy it sadly only for the starting price shame but as you said if it was on an original US WW2 M-1 it may have gotten more attention ?
    Hello Nick. Yeah it's a damn shame, especially as I found out yesterday that I have been offered a new job and could have kept the bloody thing . Like you say if it had been a front seam... Oh well, I'm just pleased to have a job again. Shame I only got what I paid for it. I won't be selling any militaria on ebay again.

?

its good to hear you've found another job but a little late to save selling the lid but still good news all the same

i know what you mean about ebay i sold a repro 101st airborne helmet with a repro bastogne road sign on ebay together they went for £50 well under half the price i paid out for them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2