Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 u.s helmet identification m1 rear seam

Article about: Guys i grabbed up some u.s militaria at an estate sale. Not sure what insignia this is, looks like a parade helmet? Any help would be great

Default Ww2 u.s helmet identification m1 rear seam

Guys i grabbed up some u.s militaria at an estate sale. Not sure what insignia this is, looks like a parade helmet? Any help would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 u.s helmet identification m1 rear seam   Ww2 u.s helmet identification m1 rear seam  

Ww2 u.s helmet identification m1 rear seam  

Looks like a Welsh dragon ......

Need more pictures, the chin strap attachments to the bales certainly look post war.

?

strange helmet, yellow is seen on M1s as part of construction units in the navy and civil defence units however all the ones I've seen before have been a matt paint yours appears to be a glossy yellow.

I will update with more pictures soon. I had seen airborn units with similar markings.

It’s a parade helmet for a 2nd Lt in the army’s 13th Field Artillery Regiment. Odd that it is the steel pot that is painted though usually it’s just the liner

?

Is there a possibility in seeing the liner out of the shell and inside of it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

I can get more pictures later. The helmet is green on the inside with the lieutenants name inscribed. It is a rear seam M1 helmet it does not have D bale hardware for the chinstrap. Maybe a mid war produced helmet

?

Nice helmet, definitely KW or late 50s period, as mention it is an artillery unit. Guessing that is what the A is for, or either means A company