Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 US M1 Front seam fixed bale with Westinghouse OD3 liner

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking at buying this US M1 helmet from "the ruptured duck" which has the below description. WWII US M1 Helmet with Net-This fixed bale, front seam helmet with a Wes

I think you made the right decision. Are you looking for a correct ww2 m1 helmet or something close, Maybe a ww2 m1 but post war liner...etc.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Marty,
    I was looking for a ww2 lid and liner and I was struggling with the one in OP as the photos showing some of the detail wasn't the best.

*update* - I have looked through the website for Steve at m1helmetdepot and I have ordered the "fixed bale with hood rubber co liner", Steve was very easy to work with and has great communication.

Thanks for the heads up

Andre

You made the right decision. The helmet on Steves site is a better one and it having the RH liner is a PLUS!!! I hope Steve worked a deal for you, He is a southern Gentleman.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yes I got a good all round deal, after a little research Steve's helmet was a much better buy.

Thankyou all, once again great advice from members which has been invaluable..... and much appreciated.

Andre

Glad you struck a deal Andre.Steve is straight down the line and if he's unsure its posted in the listing.we all try to help each other out where possible....................

That's a great set you've purchased Andre..............

Just as a quick update to this thread I have received the helmet this morning and it really is fantastic and is great in hand! I will start a new thread shortly after Xmas with some good photos of the helmet as the lid is an Xmas present for my collector son.

Again thankyou all who posted and put me in a better direction than the OP it really is much appreciated.
    Andre

Anytime Andre always happy to help out............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2