Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 us M1 Liner?

Article about: Nick, I cant really tell from the photos provided, but I can say that the liner sweatbands I have, have all got deaply seated crocodile clips that do not protrude as high above the leather a

Default WW2 us M1 Liner?

Hi, could this be ww2 period?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 us M1 Liner?   WW2 us M1 Liner?  

?

Default Re: WW2 us M1 Liner?

i dose look to be US WW2 liner but i would want to know the makers mark as theres a couple of EURO clone liners out there that can be mistaken for US made liners.

Quote by NickD View Post
    i dose look to be US WW2 liner but i would want to know the makers mark as theres a couple of EURO clone liners out there that can be mistaken for US made liners.
    Hi Nick, he only provided these two photos, but claims to be westinghouse

?

Ask about the stamp inside the dome. And get a photo. If you don't get one, don't buy it.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

if that's the case then yes it is a WW2 liner & looking again at the inside shot it appears to have a double wire buckle sweatband.

?

Nick, I don't see a double wire, probably just my eyesight though. What I do see is green sweatband clips not seated correctly. Fitted in a hurry?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

What's the asking price? Get a photo of the mark if possible.

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Nick, I don't see a double wire, probably just my eyesight though. What I do see is green sweatband clips not seated correctly. Fitted in a hurry?

Best Regards,

Andy
    or it maybe just my eyes but i dose seem to appear a wire buckle ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 us M1 Liner?  

?

I see your point. I have never seen a black double wire though, and it seems black. Could be a bad camera, or bad light. But, would you want to wear a helmet with those crocodile clips sticking up there above the sweatband? What a headache. Better photographs are needed I think.
    You have with this the tightness of an original sweatband that has been there for years, but the clips, especially the one in front has been messed with.
    Also, black "A" washers with a double wire?
    Better photos are required please.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

the way the sweatband is, is not unusual Ive seen them like this before probably replaced by the soldier & just put in how he thought it was meant to go ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast