Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US Marine helmets

Article about: A wet Sunday here, so thought I would take some photos of 2 Marine issure helmets I have. Not far from where my Dad and 2 uncles grew up the 2nd Marine division was stationed during ww2. My

Default WW2 US Marine helmets

A wet Sunday here, so thought I would take some photos of 2 Marine issure helmets I have.

Not far from where my Dad and 2 uncles grew up the 2nd Marine division was stationed during ww2. My Uncles got given these helmets from 2 marines when they were kids. I have inherited them.

Just thought I would show them off, and see if any one has any interesting comments.

One helmet is black, and my Uncle said the owner of it was an Indian - ?any signifigance?

Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US Marine helmets   WW2 US Marine helmets  

WW2 US Marine helmets   WW2 US Marine helmets  

WW2 US Marine helmets   WW2 US Marine helmets  

WW2 US Marine helmets  

Default Re: WW2 US Marine helmets

Nice that they both have the early and rare Hawley liners.
    Are the camouflage covers still with them ?

I've only seen a couple of black painted US helmets - one had 'XO' stenciled
    on the front- Navy speak for Executive Officer. The paint chipping on the
    surface is interesting...........!

It is good that you have put them on stands. It shows that you are concerned
    about how they are treated and that you care for them. I imagine that you
    also cherish these helmets because of the family connection,
    and rightfully so.

I like them both !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the reply. They are looked after well.

I see you're from Ontario. My wife is from Ajax now living in New Zealand, anywhere near you?

Cheers

Quote by brasso37 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. They are looked after well.

I see you're from Ontario. My wife is from Ajax now living in New Zealand, anywhere near you?

Cheers
    Ajax is only about an hours drive............ !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

a couple of superb looking M-1's & both with early fiber liner's very nice thanks for sharing

that is my first time to see that type of liner, with the padding around the edges. thank you for showing that. was the marine a native american, perhaps a windtalker, that would be very interesting fact, well it is to me , because I am over half Indian mostly Cherokee,but some Chickasaw also. my great grandmother gave me my knickname crazy horse, because I was always into pranks as a kid, she was a full blood from Ok. but back on subject, those are some nice helmets you have & I'm sure have a lot of meaning to you. that is a great story you have to go with your helmets. thank's again for showing them. if you could look the Indian up & discover he was a code talker, I think it would make that helmet very collectabile.

regards Marty.