Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)

Article about: Wow a 36 year old that clearly has alot of time on his hands, please jelousy is the green monster. You have posted your comments now please back away from the keyboard and GROW UP

Dean Clements
    ?

Exclamation Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)

Hi everyone
    i wonder if someone i.e an expert can help me
    I recently bought this helmet from a 80 year old in the usa who bought this helmet in the 60s for $7. I believe it to be an original d bale paratrooper helmet with original markings. Can any one give there opinions on my helmet. Inside is marked scheulter with the s and the liner is a westington house liner. The Paint on the 135 and E have gone slightly yellow. Can someone please help me and tell me if its original or not.
    Thanks
    D.C
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)   Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)  

Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)   Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)  

Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)   Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)  

Default Re: Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)

well it looks the part.....the D bales dont look like they have been tampered with, nice crisp clean spot welds.....the white paint does yellow with age so thats another good sign.....the liner looks in very good condition could do with a couple of good photos of the A frames

wait for some more opinions but i think it stands a chance

Dean Clements
    ?

Thanks so much for your advice i thought it was the real deal, what sort of prices do original us paratrooper helmets with original decals go for ?

Quote by Dean Clements View Post
    Thanks so much for your advice i thought it was the real deal, what sort of prices do original us paratrooper helmets with original decals go for ?
    if it's original probably US $5,000 - $10,000

the originals are very rare [scarce]

i have not seen an original D bale helmet for sale for quite some time.. but they are not cheep, especially in the condition like yours.

wait for some more opinions and hopefully you did well

?

its a fake as its a SCHLUETER made shell & only McCord made "D" bail helmets the chin straps are repo the chin cup is wrong & the paint is not original !!!!!!!

& im pretty sure your charlottstown on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-101st-AIRB...item45f3d2c0f5 !!!!!

Dean Clements
    ?

Lol FUNNY YOUR THE FIRST TO SAY THAT People hate original huh

Dean Clements
    ?

I also know that mcCord made D bales but i think this is a varient which is a possability. Paint is correct and the chin straps are NOT repros, and im not charlottes town . If u have been stung in the past im sorry for you. But i have had the helmet looked at by people and im now asking the same questions to this forum and everybody but you is saying what i have already been told by experts. So if your really not sure about what your posting please do not post it

?

its a fake & you know it is, you've already been banned from this forum under another user name !!!!!!

?

i have already been told by experts.

that's funny so you've got it confirmed by "experts" yet you feel it necessary to come on a forum that mainly deals in none US gear as you dont seem to be happy that the so called experts have confirmed it yeah right pull the other one

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast