Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)

Article about: Wow a 36 year old that clearly has alot of time on his hands, please jelousy is the green monster. You have posted your comments now please back away from the keyboard and GROW UP

?

Default Re: Ww2 us paratrooper helmet d bale (help)

I haven't been on here in a bit so, I missed all the excitement involving this FAKE!!!!!!! My lord how these guys can be so brassy. Schlueter NEVER EVER made a D-Loop helmet. What Nick said is correct. Also, the OP's helmet has stainless loops however, M-2 D-Loops were NOT made of Stainless Steel like the M-1 loops were. I'm just surprised this guy hasn't shown up at the USMF yet.

?

i dont think he would last very long if he did

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    i dont think he would last very long if he did
    No doubt that he'd be fried in short order.

?

it would be fun though especially with his stories that go along with his items

I bought a M-1 helmet from an older gent, it has swivel bales, but to my suprise when I turned it over, the a- straps fell down, but I am not claiming it is a ww2 liner, the only marks I can find is a cross , which looking at it from the front has an H on the left & a 19 on the right, it has 3 of the alligator type clips, 2 on the sides & 1 in back, I bought a viet nam neck nape pad, it has 3 staps that fit the clips perfect, then I put a nam type chin staps on the A straps, so I think it may be a nam era. I'm not sure , but am not going to pass it off as a ww2 helmet. just keeping it for my own use & hiding it from the wife. can anyone tell me anything about it?, oh yeah found some para helmet staps that clamp over the bales & snap to the liner. any help appreciated. I picked up helmet, liner & nam cammo cover for 35 dollars U.S. btw not trying to sell anything, but I know a guy who has about 3 boxes of the neck nape pads, one box just has U.S., the other 2 have instructions to use as a tournekit-s/p?, 1 in red writing, the other in black. pm me if intrested

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    its a fake as its a SCHLUETER made shell & only McCord made "D" bail helmets the chin straps are repo the chin cup is wrong & the paint is not original !!!!!!!

& im pretty sure your charlottstown on ebay WW2 101st AIRBORNE M1 M1-C D BALE HELMET & LINER C.O.A on eBay (end time 11-Jul-10 20:48:35 BST) !!!!!
    ok. so the 80yr old would lye and rip someone off???and he probobly (even though not mentioned) a vet so he would notice a fake in the 60`s...

?

well dosent matter how old the guy in his story is the fact of the matter is its a fake helmet put together buy the original post in the hopes to get away with another con job !!!

Where is the split in the rim?

?

its at the front if you click on the last front view picture you'll see it

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    Where is the split in the rim?
    on the rim of the helmet, it will either be in the front , or the back of the small band running around the bottom edge of the helmet, if it doesn't have one then it's made later during viet nam , or until they made the kevlar lumps they have now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast