Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

Article about: Marine logo would be on both sides so I'm with Steve

Default Re: ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon

Marine logo would be on both sides so I'm with Steve

P.S. I looked up about the felt tipped pen quickly out of curiousity and found on wikipedia that it was a couple decades before ww2. Sometime wiki isnt right but that is what it said. Also, i think it is good because there is also the name and number of the soldier in the same writing instrument on the back of the cover.

?

WW2 cover with a post war EGA stamped on it shell looks to be NAM era with a WW2 era liner so very much a mixed set up.

heres the EGA on my WW2 to compare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon  

well as lond as i did ok on the cover and it is ww2 i am happy. i was planning o flipping it around to the other side without anything on it. plus, with the cover on it, you really dont see that the pot doesnt matvch andwould maybe just think the chinstraps are changed. do you think this was combined parts from someone or just diffrent parts reissued through its use? if it is not all together i may get a ww2 fixed bale pot for it and leave this one next to it

and it is normal for the ega to be that dark and complete? here is mine on my korean war cover and i dont know, it may have just gone through hell because its all stitched up and still has ripps and has sun damage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 usmc helmet maybe to 2nd recon  

plus if you look at the black circle in the image below it has a line which may meen it is a front seam, the blue shows areas of discoloration from the rest of the helmet so maybe a stainless steel rim, and the red shows paint loss

?

trust me its not a front seamed M-1 its a NAM era version & the reason the EGA looks darker is its a well used cover were as mine is hardly used

ok, thanks. but do you think all these parts came together through use or they were thrown together because i have a pot i can switch in with the original chinstraps

?

its hard to tell from the way its been presented if once you get it & put it back together see if the helmet rim marks on the cover fit correctly with the shell could be a Nam era reissued set up ??

k, you mean the rust marks and rips from stretching around the rim because it hhas alot of that he said and he thinks its a original

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast