MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated

Article about: Hello, I found this helmet today at a yard sale. Any idea what is is worth? Also is the liner WWII era? Thanks Anton - - Updated - - BTW I know the shell is in poor condition, but it is a WW

Default WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated

Hello, I found this helmet today at a yard sale.
    Any idea what is is worth?
    Also is the liner WWII era?
    Thanks
    Anton

- - Updated - -

BTW I know the shell is in poor condition, but it is a WWII fixed bail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated   WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated  

WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated   WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated  

WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated   WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated  

?

Default Re: WWII Fixed Bail Helmet and LinerAny info would be appreciated

the liner is a WW2 MSA made liner on its own as is $50+ the shell if its possible to clean it up a bit to get rid of that paint splodge on the front again i would say $50+ but that's if you sold the liner & shell separately sold together you might get $60+ for it but that's just my opinion or at least what i would be comfortable paying for it.

For a fixed bail shell alone I think you could probably put it on ebay and get more than 50, and most of the time liners will go for more than that because people just like to refurbish them. Personally I think you could get more than 100 (together) on ebay, but that really depends on if you get good bidders.

Good Luck,
    Michael

?

just because its a fixed bail does not mean its going to fetch a lot of money you wouldn't get any serious collectors interested in it because of its condition all your get is new collectors looking for a bargain or those that will strip & refurbish it to sell on.

Your right, I still think it would be cool to refurbished it though, and then later post picks of it finished.

That's a rough one. I think I would pay $60 for it.

tough one to call lads,as you know its only worth what someone is willing to pay on the day for it,i've been on fleabay for 3 years and never seen a msa liner go for less than $100 and the shell about $60-$80,personally i think salty looks true to its age,the ones that claim to be un-issued mint condition i have my reserves regarding these,when its too good it usually is in many not all cases,asides this the liners being sold seem to be holding there own better than the shells.dave

The liner will certainly fetch a much better price than the shell, I see these go in this condition for $50+ all the time on ebay. As for the shell, w/o a complete chin strap set I think $50 would be top dollar, but you never know. What's the story in the color of the inside of the shell, looks to be black or dark dark blue? Russ

Well guys thank you for the input. To be honest I only bought it for the liner. I did decide to fix it up a little and sell it on ebay. I gave it a different liner (not as nice and I think a 50's era) and started it at $25.00.
    I only paid $30.00 for the helmet and liner anyway.
    Here is the link: Rare WWII Fixed Bail Bale Helmet with Liner Fixed Loop WW2 World War 2 | eBay
    It came up pretty nice.

have to say anton in natural light the lid looks nice and salty,$50 of anyones cash i say,liners korean period,all the best with the sale,dave.