Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII/Korean Era Captains Helmet

Article about: June-July 1944

Default WWII/Korean Era Captains Helmet

I picked this up today It appears to be a WWII Lid reworded for Korea? Any opinions welcome
    -BenWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains HelmetWWII/Korean Era Captains Helmet

?

Nothing looks ww2 to me the strap look like they are Korean along with the dark color paint and the liner. Overall even though the helmet is postwar I really like it the paint insignia looks great. It looks like it is either an engineer unit or artillery

I think it is ww2 from what looks to be a stainless steel rim, od3 webbing, and od3 chinstraps

?

Webbing has definitely been replace inside much later IMHO

Liner and Shell are WWII but it has a korean paint job and decals, I am pretty sure it was an AA captains Helmet it translates to Defend the skies and has a bird shot by an arrow on it. I can not find the specific unit yet.

Im pretty sure webbing is original it looks darker because it has bad wrought it is definatley a WWII era webbing.

Id agree on the chinstraps are replaced korean era

?

Looks reissued and/or retrofitted.

The insignia is for 201st regiment.
    TIOH - Heraldry - 201 Regiment
    Regards,
    John

"Nothing looks ww2 to me the strap look like they are Korean along with the dark color paint and the liner. Overall even though the helmet is postwar I really like it the paint insignia looks great. It looks like it is either an engineer unit or artillery"

I dont know what you are talking about.
    The shell is clearly a FS SB with sewn on straps which was made during WWII.
    The shell may have been repainted.
    The liner is WWII made also as you can tell by the Khaki webbing and eyelet hole.
    Two things concern me:
    A. The Capt bars look like they were done by a kid (just my opinion)
    B. The liner was stripped which can either mean it was a Civil Defense liner or a repainted WWII liner and the seller stripped it to get the repaint off.

I agree with Anton. Captain bar looks to be an afterthought. Everything else is as stated.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Looks reissued and/or retrofitted.

The insignia is for 201st regiment.
    TIOH - Heraldry - 201 Regiment
    Thanks relicz I looked for that for a few hours....

Im not sure on the captain bars they look to have been present for some time, that said a kid could have done it a long time ago.

I enjoy the helmet though and bought it as a Korean era (WWII Refurb) Helmet

The heatstamp is 924A I know this question is asked a million times but can anyone estimate its date by that, and I think it is a McCord shell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast