Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII M1 helmet how to tell?

Article about: Hi Everyone, I have a M1 helmet, from what era i'm not sure. It's a rear seam and it has 80's head liner straps. I want to get it turned into a US Paratrooper helmet,but I dont want to go ah

Default WWII M1 helmet how to tell?

Hi Everyone,

I have a M1 helmet, from what era i'm not sure. It's a rear seam and it has 80's head liner straps.

I want to get it turned into a US Paratrooper helmet,but I dont want to go ahead with it unless it's the same size as the WWII helmet.

It is 46cm from bale to bale across the top.
    Are the WWII ones different sized say to a 1980's helmet?

Any help will be great

?

Default Re: WWII M1 helmet how to tell?

pictures would help also have you checked out the pinned thread Rough guide to the US M-1, M-2 & M-1C shell it might help

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Quote by NickD View Post
    pictures would help also have you checked out the pinned thread Rough guide to the US M-1, M-2 & M-1C shell it might help
    Thanks for the link it's very helpfull.

?

glad you found the info useful if you still need help we would need better pics also is there an HEAT OF THE STAMP number to the front on the inside around the peak area but from that pic it looks to be a post war M-1 ?

It does but you cant make out any of the numbers.I was going to convert it to the Paratrooper helmet but I think I have the shorter one like the right side one in your photos.

?

if your trying to portray a WW2 airborne helmet then no the one you have is no good but you could use to maybe portray a NAM era airborne helmet.