Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII U.S Helmet

Article about: Hello I was wondering what kind of helmet this is and if it is from wwii. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank-You

?

Default WWII U.S Helmet

Hello
    I was wondering what kind of helmet this is and if it is from wwii.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII U.S Helmet   WWII U.S Helmet  

WWII U.S Helmet  

?

Default Re: WWII U.S Helmet

sorry but no this is not ww2 lid from the chin straps & liner you're looking at a late 70's to early 80's version hope this helps

?

Actually, this is a 60's era paint with what looks like training numbers on the front. The finish is what was referred to as: mossy. this type of finish was only used for a short time and then discarded. The finish has a tendency to be very hard, almost cement like. On top of that, it was just plain ugly.

?

Quote by Bugme View Post
    Actually, this is a 60's era paint with what looks like training numbers on the front. The finish is what was referred to as: mossy. this type of finish was only used for a short time and then discarded. The finish has a tendency to be very hard, almost cement like. On top of that, it was just plain ugly.
    i thought that style of chin strap & liner werent used till about the 70's / 80's. so a 60's era lid thats been reset up with newer pieces ?

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    i thought that style of chin strap & liner werent used till about the 70's / 80's. so a 60's era lid thats been reset up with newer pieces ?
    Sorry about that, I should clarify. Your correct about the liner and chinstraps. I was focused on the finish. The helmet itself is a 60's era repaint. As you stated, yes, the helmet was upgraded to the later liner and chinstraps. These things were reissued from 1942 to almost 1990 in myriads of combinations. Really, it was quite a mess when you talk about uniformity.