Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A xmas trophy, danish M/48 (US M1) helmet.

Article about: Made this in 2017, when we needed a trophy for our sections Xmas lunch. Got a bunch of old Danish M/48 helmets (US M1) laying around. It is now our recurring trophy for our Xmas competition,

Default A xmas trophy, danish M/48 (US M1) helmet.

Made this in 2017, when we needed a trophy for our sections Xmas lunch. Got a bunch of old Danish M/48 helmets (US M1) laying around. It is now our recurring trophy for our Xmas competition, we just add a new plate. Still needs it 2019 plate Added
    It a McCord 926k, moving bales and front joint rim.

Hmm turned the pictures sideways! That why i normally never do this directly from the phone

Well at least you did not do that to a WW2 US Manufactured M1. You would not find too many fans LOL on this forum. But being that its a Euro clone. Why not! I say. I personally do not "mess with" any helmets of recent manufacture or otherwise but Nice art work

Kind of thought the reaction would be something like that. Take comfort in that while 75% of all the original batch of M/48 helmets (which are original us m1 ww2 helmets) are now recircled metal and don’t exist anymore, this one will for a foreseeable future. I still got some 45 of these us original laying around.
    Danish M/48 helmets are original us ww2 helmets (about 200000), diaward steel works helmets (50000 M/48 and 60000 m/52), plus some 150000 euro clone of LS, Ulbrich and vdn make.

This is what the Danish army themselves did to original us m1 helmets in the late 70s and 80s. They repainted/refitted 1000s in that period, by cutting off the chinstraps and sandblasting them. Repainted them and refitted with the 1978 introduced click on chinstrap with the cup style. If the helmet did not make the cut, either before or after sandblasting, they would mark the rim (grind a part off). This meant it was scrapped, and signal depot workers it could not be exchanged for a new - if anybody pickup it up before it was melted down, and tried to swap it for a new.

This example Got scrapped after sandblasting.
    This is 326D McCord fixed bale, front joint rim.

Thank you for the info. I do find it interesting. I only collect unmessed w US M1s so I have never delved into this world. Nothing against these at all. I just collect Third Reich too. And there’s only so much room on the shelf. Like I said though nice art work and craftsmanship indeed and thanks for the info
    Z