Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?

Article about: Hello friends! Is it original 2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle?? Regards W.

Default 2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?

Hello friends!
    Is it original 2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle??
    Regards
    W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?   2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?  

2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?   2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Pattern Polizei Eagle original?
    P
    Many

You should be able to see detail of the wreath, feathers, etc. in the rear view. This is a scary piece to me because the detail on the front is extraordinary. Lack of detail in the rear makes this one non-original for me. They may have made some like this but I haven't seen one.

Jay

This is probably the original eagle There are two variants:
    - smooth reverse
    - full stamped detail on the reverse

any opinion?

I would agree with Jay I d normally love to see the reverse detail on a stamped piece. However the front is so clean and highly detailed it's what I'd expect of a TR era produced piece, I also think the prong attachment method is typical TR era period production process. While I ve never handled or studied badges with this smooth back I feel this a genuine item. I ve found a similar example pictured with other period poliezi cap badges although I cannot speak for the reputation of the site. Best regards.

Brian

WWII German Police Visor Cap Eagles

Another version from collectors guild

The Collector's Guild

Good research Brian. Mine eyes have now seen.

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Good research Brian.
    I agree! well done!!!
    thx for help!

Thanks. They half to be fairly scarce as it took a little searching to find other examples. But certainly worth the time. I was as curious as Jay was about the reverse, I always enjoy the hunt. Best regards. And congrats on a nice piece.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Thanks. They half to be fairly scarce as it took a little searching to find other examples. But certainly worth the time. I was as curious as Jay was about the reverse, I always enjoy the hunt. Best regards. And congrats on a nice piece.

Brian
    I absolutely agree with your opinion about this eagle Thank you for finding pictures of similar eagles and thank you for your time
    Best regards,
    W.