Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Army Field Police Gorget for review

Article about: hi I am not sure if this is the right category but I have seen this and wondered if it is alright, apparently it is illuminous but mint which is unusual and I am very wary of it but if it is

Default Army Field Police Gorget for review

hi I am not sure if this is the right category but I have seen this and wondered if it is alright, apparently it is illuminous but mint which is unusual and I am very wary of it but if it is ok I will go for it. thanks for any info you may haveArmy Field Police Gorget for reviewArmy Field Police Gorget for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Field Police Gorget for review
    P
    Many

You mean to say it's not luminous? Not an expert by far but I have one and I was under the impression that all of these were supposed to have the eagle, script on scroll and buttons painted in some kind of luminous paint --- for obvious reasons in lower lighting. Looks like this one's too... no?

Also, just mentioning a point: I believe these were only manufactured by a handful of known makers --- as few as only two known? Not sure but, if correct, that one would appear to be an unmarked example. Mine's got the A marking. Not familiar with that type of backing (color etc.). I can only say that I would be very skeptical. I believe I have read that these have been reproduced to a pretty high quality ---

DRGM marked: fake!

That's settled then What are the accepted markings, Wilhelm? I know there's A (Assmann?), that's the way mine is marked but can't remember the other "accepted" markings/makers.

Anywat Assmann. Most however are unmarked. I have not seen other markings, but!

Further there is the M within a square, which is said to be Maedicke from Berlin. After
    my researches for my book I still do have some reservations about this (even if I have
    included one). Anyway I do not have a good feeling, due to the rare material upon the
    reverse. A whitish coarse material.

Anyway fake are all having the D.R.G.M. with or without a further indication, of course
    R.Z.M., which is totally crap and all kinds of numbers with an M and an eagle, which may
    give a naval impression. Often the middle tang is so wide, it would not fit at all into
    a button-hole!

hi it is supposed to be luminous but the last one I had many years ago which I know was original never had the backing and I can not remember the marks on it now but it did look much better even though it was field used which is why was suspicious of this one.

I agree a fake.