Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dolmetscher (Interpreter)

Article about: I think this we may not deny for WRF-members:

Default Dolmetscher (Interpreter)

I think this we may not deny for War Relics Forum-members, as it is interesting I would like to
    show the material at WRF also.

Many, many years ago I found a rather remarkable photograph from a German policeman at
    a small Dutch show, wearing an English flag and a cuffband for interpreter. It was said the photo
    was from 1936 and made during the Olympic Games. This I however doubt these days as there
    were many possibilities to wear such a cuffband (see part of regulation) It was planned to show
    the photo for the particular volume about headgear for the series “Headgear of Hitlers Germany”,
    but what the heck! This WRF-forum deserves it to be shown.

A while ago a part of the photo was shown at another forum with the help of a member of
    that forum as I cannot show images. One of the last days such an actual cuffband was shown,
    coming from the collection of Ernst H. (a Dutch German police collector).

Dolmetscher (Interpreter) Dolmetscher (Interpreter)

The shown cuffband for interpreters was included in the police uniform-regulation:
    Bekleidungsvorschrift für die Polizei und Landjägerei in Preussen, as Teil 1 – Anzugsordnung
    (Vorschriften für die Staatliche Polizei Preussens – V.f.d.P., Nr. 16 I) as authorized by a Runderlass
    II M 100 Nr. 34/31 from March 31, 1932.

On pages 62-63 the cuffband was described in its color, which was carmine, and also who had
    to where it and when. The shown cuffband, to be worn at the lower left arm above the cuff,
    has a length of 43.0 cm and a width of 4.0 cm and was positioned by four snaps. On the inside
    the shown crimson band was marked with a police authority and approval stamp. It also mentions
    the indication "Th. & St.1932", which is the concern of Thiele & Steinert, 1932.

In later years instead of the cuffband an armband was worn in green with the indication for the
    language spoken (police-plate II for the “Uniform der deutschen Polizei” from June 1939).
    It was referred as “Sprachabzeichen für Fremdsprachen”. It is thought this type of armband
    was introduced in 1938, replacing the former cuffband.

An actual armband for an interpreter, speaking swedish is shown (credit: germanpolice).
    Note the quite thick and heavvy silver embroidery.

Until now I have not ever seen such armband in wear. Maybe one of our members is
    able to show me/us one. Language does not matter!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-19-2016 at 07:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dolmetscher (Interpreter)
    P
    Many

?

Very very interesting!!!!!

And to know there exists such uniform in a collection, that makes me happy

Wonderful info. Thanks Wim!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you. Very subtle and interesting regalia.

We benefit endlessly from your energy and intelligence as a researcher. Thanks so much.

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post

An actual armband for an interpreter, speaking swedish is shown (credit: germanpolice).
    Note the quite thick and heavvy silver embroidery.

Until now I have not ever seen such armband in wear. Maybe one of our members is
    able to show me/us one. Language does not matter!
    There is a similar one, for 'Français', on this thread: Francais armband

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    There is a similar one, for 'Français', on this thread: Francais armband

Had not seen the post before. Thanks DrPMC
    Now the hunt is on for wearing any kind of such green armbands, shown with a photo.