Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Feld Schutzpolizei tunic ????

Article about: Thanks a lot for perfect detailed info Martin. Yes i will be looking for the shoulderboards as i would like to restore the tunic. Do you know any available source ?

Default Re: Feld Schutzpolizei tunic ????

Thanks a lot for perfect detailed info Martin. Yes i will be looking for the shoulderboards as i would like to restore the tunic. Do you know any available source ?
    Last edited by militarypast; 09-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feld Schutzpolizei tunic ????
    P
    Many

Quote by militarypast View Post
    Thanks a lot for perfect detailed info Martin. Yes i will be looking for the shoulderboards as i would like to restore the tunic. Do you know any available source ?
    You're welcome. In my years of collecting police items I have run into maybe 5 pair total? I bought this pair early in my collecting career and didn't know what I had. The dealer didn't know either. I don't think its going to be a matter of cost, I think its just going to be hard to find. The biggest thing you need to realize is that regular police boards are silver and shiny, these are VERY dull and gray, almost "off-white". You will know them when you see them.

My suggestion? Keep going to as many military shows as you can. I will keep an eye out for you and if I find a nice pair I will let you know.

-Martin

Thanks for hint Martin..........i already have got 2 pairs of original SCHUPO shoulder boerads as here in central Europe the WW2 ended so it is not that difficult to get WW2 stuff..........thanks again

?

Nice tunic, my is converted into Schuma service.

Hi,nice items with good character!As for it being easy to get WW2 stuff in europe i would take a more wary approach.My experience is that it is extremly easy to get burned with LATVIAN,ESTONIAN ETC fakes that are made to a very good standard.They really have flooded the european market in recent years so take great care my friend and always get second,third and if possible fourth opinions on any item thats of interest to you. HAPPY collecting!!

You are definitelly right Fallschirmjager. What i was trying to say is that i still can reach original items from old farms, old people, inheritance etc.... and not from collectors or dealers. Only in central Europe more then 1.500.000 german soldiers gave up at May 1945 so local people got the tunics, trousers from that time as they stripped it off the insignias and have used it in their everydays lifes. Also loads of german uniforms were imported to central european countries as supply of the cloths as there was nothing to wear after WW2. That´s what i ment. Just now im about to get new arrival in my collection - beautiful dark blue Feuerwehrschutzpolizei M44 tunic as im so happy for it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2