Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help

Article about: Hi William, mine still glows like crazy if you have had the light on in the room for a few minutes. Cheers, Ade.

Default German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help

Hi All, I dont know much about gorgets besides that I really want one, I know they make fakes but I have no idea how to tell, can you look at this one for me and based on the only photos I have give your best opinion on this one? Im nervous about getting burned, thank you.
    German Feldgendermerie Gorget HelpGerman Feldgendermerie Gorget HelpGerman Feldgendermerie Gorget HelpGerman Feldgendermerie Gorget Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help

Hard to see any details on the eagle from these shots, but it looks OK. Typical dark finish found on Assmann gorgets.

Looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Would be useful to see a closeup of the eagle. From these photos it looks OK but I understand your concern as I agonised in a similar fashion before finally buying my own gorget.

German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help

a item heavly faked in the 70s,so I am not sure.

Thanks guys, glenn I love that display as much as you love showing it off haha, so are their any tell tale signs between a fake 70's version and a real one? Something must give away a fake, is the eagle and wording non magnetic zinc on the fake ones? Correct me if im wrong about what is suppose to be non magnetic or vice versa,

?

Original Assmann Feldgendarmerie Gorgets have a magnetic steel plate, but the eagle is a non-magnetic alloy ( Zinc I think).

The best quality fake Assmann's came from the Czech Republic a few years ago and are still often seen offered as real. There are several tell tale faults with them though, including the design of the eagle ( specifically the head/chest area) and the wreath around the swastika.
    Don't see any of the obvious errors with this one and would be fairly confident that its a good one.

Here is my original Assmann for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help   German Feldgendermerie Gorget Help  

Ok thank you, I mentioned to the person selling it that I was thinking about it and concerned over an item like this being real, I mentioned about a return policy and he told me he sold it 5 minutes ago, whether or not he truly sold it or was offended beats me, it was only 695obo which is low for these I believe, but I have learned a bit more, so its back to hunting! Thanks again guys!

$695 would have been a good price if it had turned out to be original. With the Czech fakes I believe the wreath around the swastika is 'fatter' compared to an original which is why clear, closeup shots are vital.

Just curious...do these still Glow at all anymore or has their Radium finally gone weak and petered out? Have you ever tried them in the sun for a few minutes?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast