Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Police tunic....opinions?

Article about: by qotd Funny bugger!!!!! I thought I took all the made in hong kong stuff off!!'m ya missed that one mate hehehe

?

Default Re: German Police tunic....opinions?

This is a post war Federal German Polizei tunic marked POL Hbg (Polizei Hamburg district). Wartime you would only see the "PO"
    stamp + date or sometimes "POL". The added 1941 date in a different color ink (blue) was done to fool...The sleeve eagle was added to make it a war time appearing piece...Another clue that it is a post war pattern is that it has combat support straps/hooks BUT technically it is not a war pattern combat tunic as it has an open neck collar, another major red flag. Wrong cut! In regards to it not having subdued rank insignia on a combat tunic that is false information. These rank insignia only came in shiny material for NCO'sm(sometimes officer Pol rank insignia can be observed in subdued thread...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Police tunic....opinions?
    P
    Many

Quote by nickg View Post
    This is a post war Federal German Polizei tunic marked POL Hbg (Polizei Hamburg district). Wartime you would only see the "PO"
    stamp + date or sometimes "POL". The added 1941 date in a different color ink (blue) was done to fool...The sleeve eagle was added to make it a war time appearing piece...Another clue that it is a post war pattern is that it has combat support straps/hooks BUT technically it is not a war pattern combat tunic as it has an open neck collar, another major red flag. Wrong cut! In regards to it not having subdued rank insignia on a combat tunic that is false information. These rank insignia only came in shiny material for NCO'sm(sometimes officer Pol rank insignia can be observed in subdued thread...
    Unfortunately your reply Nick is a bit late for the thread starter.
    He got banned from the forum long ago so probably he will never find out that he has a post war tunic.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Seems like Nick is a quiet one too...a member 5 years and only one post!

He likes to read rather than write. But his knowledge on uniforms is remarkable. I know him form another forum.

Sounds like the sort of person we need contributing here on a regular basis.

?

Yeah not very active here....I hang out at Wehrmacht awards...("WAF") well over 10,000 posts...

This thread (link goes to last page) covers my collection:
    POSTING NICKs COLLECTION! - Page 108 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

NickG

Quote by nickg View Post
    Yeah not very active here....I hang out at Wehrmacht awards...("WAF") well over 10,000 posts...
    Well I trust you have now seen the error of your ways and will correct this situation post haste!

?

That's funny... I actually have north of 12K posts on WAF... and now several here...
    I'll try to be more active on this one!

Quote by nickg View Post
    That's funny... I actually have north of 12K posts on WAF... and now several here...
    I'll try to be more active on this one!
    Hehe, that's the spirit

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hehe, that's the spirit
    Yeah that's the spirit all right!
    BUT try explaining that to my wife! (time spent on the computer...away from wife and kid's activities...)
    She is not a fan of this hobby and 2 forums to follow can be very time consuming! Oh well. I will give it my best shot!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast