Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

Article about: Just found this tunic. Polizei tunic with SS collar tabs? No sleeve eagle, Polizei shoulder straps, blank cuff title. It's all a mystery to me. Maybe it's genuine, maybe it's genuinely fake.

Default IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

Just found this tunic. Polizei tunic with SS collar tabs? No sleeve eagle, Polizei shoulder straps, blank cuff title. It's all a mystery to me. Maybe it's genuine, maybe it's genuinely fake. Who knows? Cheers.

JDR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?   IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?  

IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?   IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?
    P
    Many

IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

From geman daggers police rank of rottmeister or unterwachtmeister. Not much but it's a place to start looking for more information. Best regards.

Brian

God, I love that site. Bought so much from those Canadians.

I apologize I thought it was silver with black v stripes. It s the opposite. But I agree. I love that site too.

Brian

I am not at home with police items as I am with SS, but the collar patches on that garment do not match the blouse, itself.
    That is, they are not worn.

The SD insignia is well illustrated in various places. The others will know best where those places are.

I own three authentic SD/Sipo uniforms in black.

The police style insignia in the SD/Sipo were introduced in 1942, because the regular military and Waffen SS objected to the marauding of the security units/killing squads
    and so forth while wearing military style badges. This prerogative was jealously guarded, and ergo the new badges. It is in vol. V of Mollo, which is better than any website.

The Beaver books contain authentic blouses and tunics of this particular type.

The SD/Sipo cuff title is seldom found in authentic blouses.

The police experts here can much better elucidate all this than can I. I know the black uniforms, which, of course, by the time this blouse would have been worn
    were in oblivion.IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

More reference for polezi shoulder boards compared to the tunics example.

IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?IDK What this is, SS Polizei Tunic?

Similar tunics, but some differences as well I think. Again just for comparison. As FB pointed out the newer appearance of the shoulder boards vs the overall appearance of the tunic is a concern. The colors are obviously different but could be the soiling. The blank CT and EK2 ribbon is concerning as well. Hopefully someone can make heads or tells from the pictures provided to give a definitive yes or no.

The garment itself is a model 1943 police field blouse.

Blank cuff titles were worn by personnel on the staff of SD agencies. As FB said, they are rarely seen on authentic grey uniforms, especially field service ones.

The shoulder boards are of the police pattern, but in the specific version for personnel of the SD/Sipo, i.e. with toxic green underlay as for the Schupo, but made with black rather than brown cords. (SD/Sipo personnel initially wore Allgemeine SS pattern shoulder boards, then the Waffen-SS pattern and finally the Polizei pattern.)
    The sholder boards on the field blouse are for the rank of SS-Sturmmann (and the equivalent Sipo ranks of Krim.-/Pol.-Assistentenanwärter/-Komissaranwärter and Amtsgehilfe a.Pr.), but do not match the collar patches, which are for the rank of SS-Mann. That is an obvious concern, as is the absence of a sleeve eagle.

Between those facts and the already mentioned inconsistent wear of the field blouse and the insignia, I would say this is a put-together piece.

Agree tunic is correct 43 cut, correct police green, & probably a put together piece.
    That being said...Police tunics I have seen period pics that make one scratch ones' head. A mix of various insignia, especially late war, seemed there was no "standard" to be followed by 1944. Army tabs, SS eagles, Feld. sleeve eagles. etc.etc.

Police were the only branch of service this seems to be observed. So I don't discount non-standard badge applications on police tunics without more detailed pics or hands on.

But as said above, the rank of tabs vs. boards is incorrect, so most likely post war "project"