Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection

Article about: Alright you guys, I was going to share the rest of my collection which includes over 100 concentration camp notes, documents, other rare Axis collar boards/patches, Battle of the Bulge items

Tristan
    ?

Sure Glen, you can see a bit of it on the letter i just posted, but I will take another, feel free to look up the feldpost number as well.

2. # ADS

?

Sorry for the bad news but this is a post war German high voltage sign still being use today.
    I just saw one yesterday hunting rabbits.
    You should ask for your money back

The signs from the camps were like these!....

Tristan
    ?

Hello Fallschirmjager, out of curiousity, how many artifacts do you personally own from this time? Not to be confrontational (seriously!!) But I own many, many, many painted items, from license plates, from all different military branches, signs, etc. Most have this wear. I could explain the reasoning behind the wear, but I know I will get objections, you always do I know it is a HIGH VOLTAGE SIGN, and the family could not say specifically where it came from other than they recieved it with all of their father's belongings, who was stationed in Gluboke for several years. The REASON I PURCHASED IS BECAUSE HIS STORY, HIS ITEMS, BELONG TOGETHER, I DON'T BUY BASED ON A STORY, I BUY TO PRESERVE A SOLDIERS STORY, AND CARRYING IT ON, BEFORE IT IS SOLD AND SPLIT UP RETAIL

Tristan
    ?

Hello Munich, they did not use the same material/paint to construct the signs post war, just like post war painted helmets as i am sure you know. I appreciate your confidence, but I am 100% certain and will bet you any amount of money that it is war period. If you would like, lets swap info, place a bet, and I will have the paint re-tested. Very easy to do

Looks like someone took a knife to the sign and picked away at it...Yes, please a close-up of the seal would be great, if possible...
    Before you ask me the same question you asked Fallschirmjaeger, I'll just say that I've been a collector 10 years longer than you have blessed this planet, and I am fluent in German as well...These sign are still found today, as stated...The doubts brought up by these experienced Forum Members are justified and to be expected in my opinion, friend....
    cheers, Glenn

Tristan
    ?

Here Glen, let me ask you this, knife and picked it? It is only 4 inches by 6 inches, so it is very small. Lets say it fell face down on the gravel/dirt/rocks, etc. and someone stepped on it. Or even drove over it, that would create those indentations
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection   Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection  

?

This is an obvious repaint of a high voltage sign, we have them in Canada as well. Look at the wear and rust. And yes I've experience with painted items as well, something you don't have the market cornered on with all due respect.

Slap a skull and crossbones on something and call it SS and it sells. You could print skulls on toilet paper and it's SS ass wipe all of a sudden, worth hundreds of your hard earned $$$.

What paint test do you propose and if you say XRF I've a bridge in NYC I can sell you, it's located in some swampland in Florida.

If that was the case, then the damage would be on the reverse as well....
    That isn't an official SS seal, Tristan...appears home-made...I'd like to see the entire grouping...
    cheers, Glenn

Seems like the black lettering and skull outline is in awfully good shape compared to the rest, like it hit all around the letters and only the white background IMO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast