Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection

Article about: Alright you guys, I was going to share the rest of my collection which includes over 100 concentration camp notes, documents, other rare Axis collar boards/patches, Battle of the Bulge items

Tristan
    ?

I absolutely agree with you Glenn, and I expected doubts to be brought up. But I do not like when someone makes an assertive statement claiming they know what you have, based on a few pictures and words that I post. Being a collector for 10 years longer than whoever else you are referring to, you must know that you cannot form a decision around pictures. There is so much fraud and fake, good reproductions, funny stories, etc. I find it somewhat humorous when people make a definitive decision on something 50+ years old in less than a few minutes based on pictures and a story. Those are the people who buy things, then learn later it is a reproduction, split decisions, no background research before purchase, opinion slingers. Experienced people ask questions, they don't sling opinions and judgement without asking questions

2. # ADS

?

Holy shit Tristan. That SS seal is a huge joke, used to "sell" the story. I can make that seal in 10 minutes. Nothing like this was ever used and it's a total fantasy.

Tristan
    ?

LLOLOLOLOL ok Doug. I can see that 75% of the forum members on here are close minded idiots. Carbon Dating??????? That is one of many that i use to tell how old something is and because of the difference in materials used between the 30's and 50's there is a lab in Seattle I use to test my items and tell me the age

Hello Tristan , I do not need to own one single piece to spot this one thanks. And if you are convnvinced and own many similar ones all I can say is I hope you payed "peanuts" for them. Forgive my ignorance! Leon.

I can't begin to tell you how many similar "tarted up" items I've come across throughout the years, and we see plenty of them here on the Forum, Tristan...and this fits right in with the tarted up silverware we see for sale...I'm sorry but I'm just not convinced, friend...What matters is that you are, I suppose...I wouldn't be so quick to label my fellow Forum-Members "Idiots", either....
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Tristan View Post
    Fair enough It could have been a railway sign around the town. But I do know it is from where this SS Officer was KIA - And also that the family who I have acquired it from has a pretty authentic story. This sign was sent to the family along with all of the soldiers belonging following his death.
    When did these items been sent to the family? Must be many, many years after the war, 'cause the high voltage sign has spent a fair bit of time in the ground. It is not like it was taken of a pole during the war and sent to the family, its in a condition as if it spent 50 years in the ground, or between garvel next to an old rail line. Futher I've never heard of signs being removed and sent to late family because a soldier lost his life close to the sign. To be very honest; I dont like the SS wax seal either, not one I've ever seen before.

Tristan
    ?

Doug - You are a fool, I am removing myself from this blog - are you kidding me? Is the letter fake too? The feldpost number? The entire family? Seriously Doug, how drunk are you right now? I HAVE OVER 20 LETTERS FROM THIS SOLDIER... EVEN The Smithsonian Museum in DC has a letter from this individual WITH THE SAME SEAL PURCHASED FROM THE SAME SELLER I BOUGHT FROM. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT EACH SEAL/STAMP IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, YOU ARE AN IDIOT

Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection

These signs are all over ebay Poland, they are aged reproductions and it's already been said the SS seal is a dud. I hope you didn't pay too much because the whole package is dud, sorry mate!..

Hello Fallschirmjager, out of curiousity, how many artifacts do you personally own from this time? Not to be confrontational (seriously!!) But I own many, many, many painted items, from license plates, from all different military branches, signs, etc. Most have this wear. I could explain the reasoning behind the wear, but I know I will get objections, you always do I know it is a HIGH VOLTAGE SIGN, and the family could not say specifically where it came from other than they recieved it with all of their father's belongings, who was stationed in Gluboke for several years. The REASON I PURCHASED IS BECAUSE HIS STORY, HIS ITEMS, BELONG TOGETHER, I DON'T BUY BASED ON A STORY, I BUY TO PRESERVE A SOLDIERS STORY, AND CARRYING IT ON, BEFORE IT IS SOLD AND SPLIT UP RETAIL
    Hi Tristan , doubling up here , but that's my fault for not "adding" the quote! I do not need to have a stack of "artifacts" as such as the area that I am interested in:ie helmets , show the same "time line/wear facets! This piece shows NO history/age (other than the fakers attempt) what so ever, take it or leave it! Leon.

?

LLOLOLOLOL ok Doug. I can see that 75% of the forum members on here are close minded idiots. Carbon Dating??????? That is one of many that i use to tell how old something is and because of the difference in materials used between the 30's and 50's there is a lab in Seattle I use to test my items and tell me the age
    Seeing how we are into calling forum members idiots you just placed yourself into that category.

Radiocarbon dating (or simply carbon dating) is a radiometric dating technique that uses the decay of carbon-14 (14C) to estimate the age of organic materials, such as wood and leather, up to about 58,000 to 62,000 years Before Present.

Paint materials can be tested but not by carbon dating (that's for o r g a n i c matter) and it is not proof of any "date" whatsoever. I've traveled this paint testing road extensively.

You sir, are the idiot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast